It’s 2020. ‘Nuff said.
However, let’s chat about the awesome things happening in 2020. And that’s why we are happy to share an easy, fast way to a free Thanksgiving dinner and also one that will be easier to prepare on Turkey Day!
And…if you already have your meal planned, do this to get a free Thanksgiving dinner that you can donate to someone in need!
In fact, there’s no strings attached, there’s nothing fishy or funny, it’s just using a simple, proven, effective and easy grocery shopping app.
That app is called Ibotta.
Have you heard of Ibotta?!? It’s really one of those easy peasy, no ifs, ands or buts (well, slightly I will get into that), kind of way to shop.
Essentially, it makes the life of the ‘ol time extreme couponer 10 times easier! I was one of those for a long time. I pretty much stopped clipping coupons in 2015 and I just use Ibotta and the Smiths (Kroger) store app. I will sometimes have a paper coupon, but really, I have been paperless couponer for 5 years, which has saved me loads of time (time is money…right!?!) and headache.
Ibotta is so amazing for our family that it fits into my “ways I make thousands of dollars of extra income as a stay at home mom” type of amazing.
So one with the turkey show…it’s time for FREE FOOD EASILY!
Ibotta is offering a 100% rebate on a complete Thanksgiving Dinner when you shop using their app.
The app is 100% free to use.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the Ibotta app HERE – use referral code “abqiri” for the FREE Thanksgiving Dinner.
- Once downloaded, activate your app and then find the promotional banner at the top for the FREE Thanksgiving dinner. Click on it.
- You will notice that his FREE Thanksgiving Dinner is ONLY applicable at Walmart. Once you click on it, you will see a list of foods that you NEED to select BEFORE checking out.
- So just click on each of those 9 items:
- Once you have checked all of the offers, then hunt for these items around Walmart and add them to your literal cart.
- It is VERY important that you read the details and fine print to get the EXACT items. Some are “any variety” and some are “exact.” So compare what you read to what you purchase.
- Here’s why… (this is where the no if’s, ands and buts…sort of applies). I have used Ibotta for years. And I try to pay attention, but I still get some of the wrong items. And this shopping trip was not an exception for me. I tried to buy the EXACT items. I was paying attention for the most part. But I messed up on two items and did not get my rebate. So PAY BETTER ATTENTION THAN ME!
- While at the store, checkout like normal and pay like normal and BE SURE TO GET A PAPER RECEIPT!
Here’s where you get the full, easy rebate!
- When you get home, pull out that receipt. Open your Ibotta app and click on “redeem offers.”
- Then you will select the store (Walmart).
- You will use the camera on your phone to scan the barcode on the bottom of your receipt.
- Then the eligible products on your receipt will pop up to show available for redeeming.
- Then you just hit the “collect” button and you are DONE!
Ok, so here’s where I made a mistake…there were 9 items to get a full thanksgiving dinner. Well, my qualified purchases only show 7 of those items. Some of the items on the list are “any variety” and some are the exact match. I thought I was paying better attention. But I assumed the Great Value green beans can be any variety – so I only paid attention to size, not variety. I was wrong. It was the EXACT one. Same on the 2-liter Coke. It had to be Coke ONLY not any 2-liter Coke product ( got diet Coke…whoops).
So I should have had an additional $0.94 and $1.74 for the beans and coke, but I bought the wrong ones. So although a little under $3 less of an expected rebate, I still got $17.78 for everything else! And that little turkey breast roast is perfect for a small family.
We are donating our meal to a family in need in our area.
How do I get paid from Ibotta?
Ok, so you went through the steps above, but as you will notice, your money hangs out in the Ibotta app until you “cash out.” You can connect your bank account for direct deposit, or you can do what we do, which is connect your PayPal account. Once you do that, you can cash out at any time.
Why are they giving a FREE Thanksgiving Dinner?
Well, Ibotta is a marketing platform for food brands.
Instead of investing in commercials and print ads, these brands find that connecting with customers directly by spending their marketing dollars on giving you a rebate for trying their foods produces much greater marketing benefits and better use of their marketing budgets.
Most of the rebates on there, you just simply click to redeem, but some, you may have to watch a 10-15 second ad, or even view a picture ad. It’s becoming the most popular way for healthier brands, or new lines of food under well-known brands to get the word out about their new product/line.
So it’s really like a direct reward instead of mindlessly watching ads between shows.
I know it works because I have purchased items I wouldn’t have normally, but because I was getting a $2 rebate, I tried the product, loved it and now buy regularly, which probably would have taken a while with traditional marketing.
In this case, at the top of the Free Thanksgiving Dinner, it shows it is sponsored by Campbell’s and Coca-Cola collectively. As you can see, besides the butterball turkey, the rest of the items are Walmart brand, EXCEPT the cream of mushroom soup and the Coke – both the name brand of the sponsoring brand.
In any regard, EVERYONE should do this and if you already have your holiday meal planned – DONATE THE FOOD and then it’s just your time and bit of small effort to bless someone else when you too are on a budget! Don’t let a fooditunity pass by as someone can use it. 🙂
Here’s what happens when I use Ibotta normally!
I have used Ibotta for about 6 years. I LOVE it! Over 6 years, I have made thousands.
On the SAME DAY as this FREE Thanksgiving dinner shopping trip at Walmart, I did my large monthly shopping trip for our family of 8 at Smiths (Kroger) right before.
You can see a sweet picture of what a month’s worth of groceries for a family of 8 (with 3…almost 4 teens) looks like down below. Most of this food will be gone in 2 weeks, but the second trip of the month is much smaller. We usually have one giant trip and then a couple of smaller trips to fill in what is needed.
But for this giant trip…. I not only saved with the in-store sales and the coupons on the store app, but I also came home and scanned my receipt for the Ibotta rebates and got over $79.80 in rebates from this one trip.
You can see that I also got bonuses for how much I redeemed already this month, making my savings between the bonuses, Walmart’s Free Thanksgiving meal and my normal trip around $100 already.