We want to share some ideas to make breakfast, easy, filling, healthy and for a lot less than common breakfasts.
You see, as an avid couponer for many years, common breakfasts in our house were the usual cereal and milk, instant oatmeal, Pop-Tarts, Toaster Strudels, Eggo waffles, etc. These were items that we had on hand all of the time due to the vast sales and coupons found on them. Plus, they were super quick and so I really felt I had no need to change or do anything different for breakfast between coupon cost and convenience.
But after a couple of years, I really became very dissatisfied with these being our breakfast staples as a couple of years ago I was determined to start feeding my family healthier, fun, diverse and easy meals on a tight budget without pulling pre-packed foods out of a freezer.
I also realized that breakfast truly is the most important meal of the day and so I wanted to make this a better and healthier experience for my entire family.
BUT, I had two big factors that I relied on from coupon shopping:
- Convenience and time, and
- Items were very cheap after sales and coupons to have all of those pre-packed breakfast foods available!
With what I’m going to share that we have been doing since them, breakfasts can still be very convenient and easy while yet very affordable, all with healthier options.
The last couple of years, breakfast has become an important meal, a good meal, and a filling meal! It has made the day smoother, enjoyable and just simply wonderful. I also have a family of seven to feed to full for a successful day in whatever we each are doing!
Plus it has also been affordable making fresh homemade breakfasts in relatively little more time than it took to pop open and heating the latest box of Eggo’s/Pop-Tarts/Toaster Strudels/Cereals, etc.
Most everything will be fresh and you can have simple of ingredients on hand to create hundreds, possibly thousands of different breakfasts and they are all very budget friendly and no coupons needed!
We are not just sharing recipes, but teaching you how to make many different types of breakfasts with ingredients you have on hand at any given time. If you are like me, recipes can be costly and frustrating when you don’t have everything needed to make that dish. Instead with we plan to share, instead of just simply giving you a fish to eat for a day (i.e. a recipe), we are going to teach you how to fish (i.e. how to make great breakfasts everyday from fresh foods on hand with no recipes needed – just basic cooking and food combination concepts).
With that, here’s what we have shared so far:
Protein Packed Breakfasts:
- Dutch Puff (a.k.a. Dutch Babies) Protein Packed Easy Yummy Meal
- How To Build Breakfast Casserole With Ingredients You Have On Hand
- Breakfast in a Blanket (a.k.a. Ham Cups)
Tummy Filling Breakfasts:
- Pre-Made Homemade All-Purpose Muffin Mix (make any muffins from this mix and replace store-bought boxes and pouches!)
- Breakfast Cake
- Homemade Pre-Made Pancake and Waffle Mix
- Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes
- Baked French Toast Casserole
Ways to use Oats and Oatmeal
- 88 Ideas for Oatmeal Toppings and Mix-Ins with free download
- Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes
- Baked Oatmeal Cake
- Brown Rice For Breakfast – Our Savory Version (Gluten-Free, Healthy, Yummy, Hearty and Cheap) Like a Breakfast Healthy Fried Rice
- Brown Rice For Breakfast – Our Sweet Version (Healthy, Yummy and Filling)
- Produce Savings Page
- 30 Ways to Save Money on Produce
- Buying Bread Wholesale from a Bread Store to Save Money
- Best Values for Breakfast In the Grocery and Warehouse Stores Everyday
- How To Save Time and Money on Breakfast with Bulk Sausage Preparation (Natural, Nitrate Free, No MSG and Cheap)
- Can you freeze eggs? Yes you can and here’s how
- How to Freeze Pineapple
- How to Freeze Onions and Peppers
Please note, just because there is one thing listed in a category doesn’t mean that this is all that will be coming in that category! We have a lot to share so keep an eye on this page for more ideas!