Looking for a fun, frugal, easy Thanksgiving themed cookie treat or dessert? These Pilgrim Hat Cookies are just too cute and easy not to share! We like to refer to them as an “instant fancy treat” meaning when you have guests coming over with almost no time to prepare you can whip up a batch of these. 🙂 They are so simple and look so festive that it is really hard to pass this dessert up for Thanksgiving parties and themes!
The kids love these as they are so fun and us adults love it because it combines foods from our childhood! This probably is the reason for our skirmishes to see who gets the last cookie. 🙂
Let’s get started, as you can almost have them done in a blink of an eye!
Ingredients for Pilgrim Hat Cookies
- Fudge Stripe Cookies
- Reese’s miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- Butter Cream frosting
- Orange Food Coloring
Directions to Make Pilgrim Hat Cookies
1. Mix food coloring into frosting to create an orange color.
2. Spoon frosting into piping bag and use the smallest round decorating tip; you can achieve the same or similar results by cutting a very small hole into the edge of the bag.
3. Place Fudge Stripe Cookies upside down, so chocolate side is facing up.
4. Pipe a small square on the front of the Reese’s cup; it seems like this is the hardest step but it’s honestly oh, so easy!
5. Flip it upside down, rather right side up, and pipe a generous amount of frosting around the edges.
6. Place the Reese’s cup (frosting side down) in the middle of the Fudge Stripe Cookie. Frosting should spillover, but touch up as needed.
Yes, it is really that easy and that cute and that fun! As a result, you can add this easy “recipe” this season for some themed fun treats!
For many more Thanksgiving ideas,
see our Thanksgiving page HERE
This is also part of our 6 “Instant” Thanksgiving Themed Treats ideas and you can see all 6 ideas in this video here while checking out more information on our Thanksgiving Page here.
For many more recipes,
see our Recipe Gallery of Ideas HERE