I had a fun and great shopping trip to Rite Aid this week! When it is all said and done – I saved 95%!
Here is the picture of the items I bought!
Here is how it worked out:
- 1 Maybelline mascara $7.39 on sale for $4.43. Then used $1/1 from Rite Aid Video Values = $3.43. Submitted for Rite Aid Easy Saver Rebate (ESR) for $2 = final is $1.43
- 1 Listerine mouth wash $4.49 sale for $3.50. Then used .50/1 RP 1/3 = $3.00. submitted for ESR for $3.00 = final is FREE!
- 1 Tylenol Cold $7.49 on sale for $5.99. Then used $2/1 HERE = $3.99. Submitted for ESR for $3.00 = final is .99!
- 1 Viva 8-pack paper towels $12.99 sale for $6.49. Then used .50/1 HERE = final is $5.99!
- 2 Nutra Nail treatments $11.48 for the 2 of them regular sale for BOGO – $4.99 (one item was $6.79 and the other $4.99, took $4.99 off for the FREE item) = $6.79. Then used $3/2 HERE = final is $3.79 for both or $1.89 each!
- 2 Stayfree pads for $3.99 each = $7.98 sale for BOGO – $3.99 = $3.99 for both. Then use BOGO coupon RP 1/3 = final is 2 for FREE!
- Then used $10 off purchase Gift of Savings voucher.
Summary: The total before the discounts was $52.12. After sales and coupons – I paid $10.70 out of pocket at the register. I submitted my receipt online for the ESR and will get $8 back. This means that the total for all of the above items was $2.70!!! 95% SAVINGS!
One bummer was that I also wanted to get the Nivea Lip Treatments sale for BOGO with BOGO coupon to get both for FREE, but they were gone. However, I did get a rain check and the coupon just came out and does not expire for a while! So on the next trip!
However, the FUN DOESN’T STOP THERE! Rite Aid has a fun promotion that started this week – the “Game of Life.” I read about this in the ad and on the Rite Aid website, but before I talked about it, I wanted to see it! It is a fun game and you earn game pieces for purchasing certain items in the store. Then you open those up and they have an instant win piece (mostly coupons!) and then the game pieces you affix on the game board. They have many prizes from cash, Rite Aid gift cards, gaming systems, cars, home makeovers, cruises, and the grand prize of $250,000 for your mortgage!
After I checked out, my receipt said that I get 6 game pieces. I brought them home unopened for you to see with me!
Let’s open it up and start playing!
The coupons I got were:
- 2 more game pieces for the “Game of Life”
- .25 off a Rite Aid item
- .25 off vitamin water
- .25 Tylenol Cold
- .50 off Rite Aid hand sanitizer
- $1.00 off Rite Aid item
So let’s start sticking those pieces on!
- 2 out of 6 pieces for the $250,000 towards mortgage (2 total winners)
- 2 out of 5 for the $25k kitchen remodel (10 winners)
- 3 out of 4 for $1,000 cash yea! (125 winners)
- 1 out of 4 for $10k room makeover (15 winners)
- 3 out of 4 for Wii gaming system – yea! (200 winners)
- 2 out of 4 for $5k cash (30 winners)
- 1 out of 4 for $25o Rite Aid gift card (300 winners)
- 3 out of 5 for the Convertible (6 winners!)
- 1 out of 3 for $50 cash (600 winners)
- 1 out of 3 for $50 Rite Aid Gift card (600 winners)
- 2 out of 4 for $100 gift card (600 winners)
- 1 out of 3 for $20 cash (2,500 winners)
- 2 out of 3 for gift card (2,500 winners)
- 2 out of 2 for the CRUISE – WAIT DID I WIN ……
Yea – that’s what I thought for a split second…. but this is the one prize on the game board where you win the chance to win. Meaning that every time you fill this space with the 2 pieces, you mail them in for the drawing. I actually ended up with 3 sets of 2 – so 3 chances to win. Considering that they are giving away 20 CRUISES – decent odds!?!I will be mailing those in!
Anyway, not too bad results for my first week of playing. They are literally giving away a ton of prizes, PLUS those coupons I listed up above – could be an instant win prize – like the convertible!
This game goes from now until February 27, 2010! Let us know your results – and if you win anything…….
*And in the mail any day – I am waiting for a $40.69 rebate check from Rite Aid for December, Plus a voucher for my FREE Huggies, PLUS another $20 Gift of Savings voucher from the Huggies deal I showed a few weeks ago! Waahoo! Gotta love Rite Aid!