Make sure to check our full list of recipes, ideas and tips on how to use Soup-or-Sauce (SOS) Mix!
It is time to share another easy recipe using that SOS Mix shared earlier this month! As we have mentioned, there are literally hundreds if not thousands of ways to use this one mix, and so we will continue to share many ideas on how we use it!
Today we are sharing Cream of Potato that you can turn into Baked Potato soup too!
This soup is very easy to make and it can be made with any type of potato, with skins on or off (whatever your liking!). For the recipe this time, we used Red Potatoes and kept the skins on. But this changes every time we make it depending on what potatoes we have on hand!
Note: If you desire to print this recipe or are not reading this on our site please click here for a nicely formatted and printable recipe!
|Homemade Cream of Potato and Baked Potate Soup Using SOS Mix|| |
- 1 cup of diced cooked potaotes, any kind, with skins peeled off or left on. Cook until tender
- ⅓ dry mix of SOS sauce (Recipe at: https://thethriftycouple.com/sos)
- 1¼ Cup of Water
- 1 cup of fresh shredded cheddar cheese
- Bacon pieces to taste
- Green Onions or Chives to Taste
- Sour Cream to taste
- First mix the ⅓ cup dry SOS mix with the 1¼ cup of water in a saucepan on medium heat and whisk together until the sauce is a uniform consistency (no lumps)
- Once it is lump free, add your diced cooked potatoes and cook until bubbly.
- Turn heat to low and add cheese and bacon and mix in until melted.
- Serve and enjoy! Top with more cheese, bacon pieces, onions/chives and sour cream to taste.
This is one of our family's favorite homemade soups when it is made into Baked Potato soup as it tastes so amazing! We usually triple the above recipe and serve with bread and fresh fruits and veggies to make a complete meal for our family of 7.
More Recipe Ideas:
Check out https://thethriftycouple.com/sos for more recipe ideas using the SOS mix!
This amount is equal to using (1) 10.75 can of Cream of Potato soup.
Don’t forget to check out our growing list of ways to use the SOS Mix (and the recipe for the mix itself) for making soups, sauces, casseroles and more!