You have heard us talk about one of our biggest grocery savings tricks: using a nationwide meat co-op to get high quality, farm fresh meats for 30-50% less than the grocery store. We get to talk about the boneless, skinless chicken breast a few times a year because it is the most popular product and available through the co-op most frequently, but it is still only about every 3-4 months.
They have all kinds of options, but the options change often and are only available sometimes. Right now, they have a farmer supply of ground turkey, thus that means that ground turkey is on sale for a great price for the launch price. We have only been able to tell you about the turkey one other time! It seems to only go on sale about once a year or less. So when we saw the launch deal today, with the lowest price it will be for this round, we had to let you know.
Farm fresh ground turkey is a GREAT alternative to ground beef. It costs less, plus many consider it healthier since it is lower in fat. So, it would be a good time to get the freezers stocked with ground turkey for a great price.
You really can’t beat these prices, because not only are they almost always cheaper than the grocery store, the quality cannot be compared.
The quality is comparable to the higher quality meats in the grocery store, aside from the organic options. When you can’t afford organic, this is going to be your second best option. But this is not available in the grocery stores!
If it’s not available in the grocery stores, how do I get it?
That’s the beauty of this program! It’s a nationwide meat co-op. Similar to other food co-ops, you will pick up your meat in a specified local location. There are 1,200 pickup locations all over the country.
This ground turkey is sold via Zaycon Foods which is a nationwide company that provides fresh chicken, beef, pork and seafood to families at an affordable prices. They only have meat offerings at certain times of the year and for a certain type of meat.
This is the process to get farm fresh meats for 30-50% less than the grocery store:
- For this co-op, at different times throughout the year, a certain product will be on sale like chicken, ground beef, ground turkey, bacon, etc. The same product will only be on sale a couple of times a year or less. So if you see a product you want, order it now for pickup in the future.
- You order a case online (bulk order) for much lower price for the comparable meat selection in the grocery store. You order and pay now for a future pickup time.
- The pre-orders allow for the farms to produce the meats required and because everyone is ordering direct, it drives the price down.
- Then, when your pickup time arrives, you will drive to the location, typically a 5-30 minute drive (depending on where you live in the country). The pickup locations are in the parking lot of a private business or organization (like a church parking lot).
- You will pull-up to the refrigerated truck and you don’t even have to get out of your car. You give them your name, they confirm your order and put your case of beef (or whatever product) in the back of your car.
- I actually shared a video on our Facebook page of our pickup process on the chicken breast so you can get a bird’s eye view of how it works.
- Bring it home and process it how you want. I generally cook half of it and freeze it for fast meal solutions and freeze the other half raw in 1-lb packages.
Here’s a bit of information on the ground turkey specifically:
Here’s the REALLY important information!
They just started their next ground turkey sale and have started with an AMAZING launch price of $1.71 per lb with the coupon code: TURKEY171! This price is only good through 10/24/17. After that, the prices will go up to $2.19 for the , which is still a great price compared to the grocery store.
But, we want you to get the best prices and save even more! Please note, you will order now, and pick this order up in mid-February (exact dates are based on your location). I know it seems weird to order now for pick-up then, but this is how you get those farm fresh meats for low prices – like a co-op!
I watch for these launch sales on a new product like a hawk as it is the best time to get the best deals.
How To Get Ground Turkey Super Cheap
- Head to the Zaycon Site HERE and register (or log-in if already a member).
- Once you are on the site, click on the “shop by product” and then “turkey” where the ground turkey option will be available.
- When you are at ground turkey option, you will see “on sale now” in green. Click on this to see the prices and pickup locations.
- Find your closest pick up location, then add as many cases as you want.
- At checkout, use coupon code: TURKEY171 for 22% off total!
- You have to be registered to see the prices, pickup and delivery details and dates for your area and additional details. If you don’t want 40-lbs of beef, go in on this option with friends. Each case contains 4 10-lb rolls, so it can easily be divided.