We were just recently watching an amazing course overview of the Boston Marathon and right at 13.2 miles one of the runners recounted just how amazing it felt to hit that point because you know you’ve run more distance than you have left. But what’s even better about crossing the halfway point of this challenge is that you’ve ramped up the first few weeks and should be in full swing of your diet and your exercise routine – and from here just make it better and better each baby step of the way for lifelong change!
And with that we want to find out how the challenge is going for you – are you seeing results from everything you are doing? Remember, this check-in time is important as it helps you to see where you’ve been (are your exercising as much as you hoped and are you keeping your diet as you planned?) and lets you plan for the next week and modify your plan as you go. So let’s do it!
First we mean we want you to measure your progress (whether by scale, inches/centimeters, or your favorite Non-Scale Victory method) as you weigh-in to see where you are at. But we also want you to weigh-in on how you are feeling, your struggles, your victories and anything else you want to share. We want to celebrate with you or help encourage you on – or even both!
Feel free to either leave a comment below or come over to our 90-Day Fitness and Health Challenge group on Facebook and share with us the answers to some of the following questions:
- Have you been able to keep up with your short-term goals from this past week?
- How many times did you work out? How are you feeling?
- How did your diet go? Are you finding any temptations? Maybe someone can help encourage you how to beat that exact one! 🙂
- How goes your water intake?
- Let us know any weight/inches you’ve lost (and gained – sometimes that happens)
In other words – we want to find out how you’re doing so we know how to encourage you on! Remember, there are going to be good days – and other ones. There’s going to be good weeks and not. And maybe just identifying what went wrong (if it did) will help encourage you to be even better this next week!
So for example here’s what happened with me (even though remember I’m a little ahead of you :-)). This week has truly been unique to say the least:
- This week got tough halfway through – because I got sick with the cold being passed around our family. But I was pretty amazed that it put me down for less than two days; I missed one full day of my workout and the second day was a bit lighter. Everything I read said that as long as it stayed above my head and out of my lungs that it was actually good for me to keep up my routine to boost my immunity. And it felt like that happened! So though I didn’t hit my short term goals in full, I bounced back quickly and am back on track.
- As I just mentioned, I missed one run and one IronStrength workout (substituted a run/walk instead of the strength training). Other than that I still achieved on IronStrength workout, one run with intervals, a great core day (then sickness hit), a sick day, a run/walk (recovery) day and a long run. I hope to match that again this week but including intervals and a more defined core/abs workout on Wednesday (you can see my updates on our ThriftyHealthCouple Instagram account – hashtag #90dayhealthttc)
- I feel like I’m getting better and better on diet. I had a couple of healthy feasts this week (see one on Instagram here) and kept focusing on clean and healthy eating. (like I mentioned in my article on the importance of diet). I’ve been eating healthier fats (nuts and avocados), whole grains and fruits and vegetables this past week. So far so good!
- My water intake is back up to where I want it to be. Don’t forget that if you’re having troubles you can use the 5-Weeks to More Water Challenge from the fitness and health printables bundle!
- I’m excited to announce a HUGE success – I dropped into Onederland (yep – that 199.8 pounds that you can see here on Instagram) which means much jumping up and down in joy (meaning more calories burned!) :-). That means I’ve dropped over 40.2 pounds since I started this challenge (remember – I’m further than you so don’t lose heart but just keep pushing forward!). And I just bought size 36″ waist (started almost busting out of 42″) and large shirts (haven’t worn large since junior/high school). YAY!!
So let us know what you’re up to and how we can keep encouraging you on on your path for weight loss, fitness and health. Don’t forget the great ways to keep in touch with us on this challenge:
- If you haven’t signed up yet – come join us from the very beginning by clicking on the 90-Day Fitness and Health Challenge and sign up to start receiving your automated challenge from the very beginning!
- Come join our Fitness and Health Challenge with The Thrifty Couple Facebook Group HERE and ask to join us there. Everyone is sharing their updates, asking questions and encouraging one another on in their journey – we would love to have you join in as well! You can invite friends and spouses too to keep you going as well.
- Follow our journey on Instagram – Thrifty Health Couple – a place where we share daily updates of diet, health and how we are doing! You can also check out #90dayhealthttc to track everyone else that posts for this challenge as well.
Keep it up – you can see whole-life change if you set your mind to it and keep on pushing on!
Disclaimer: We are not licensed health professionals. We are only a couple that are excited to offer you a place where you can find encouragement and resources to help you in your quest for health, weight loss and fitness. Any tips we share should not be construed as medical advice but is only there to let you know of other options for your health. If you have questions or before starting any weight loss or fitness challenge please make sure to talk to your doctor.