Money Making: Summer Fun & Extra Income
Guest Post By: Hank McKinsey
Summer is the best time for getting outside, heading to the beach, and meeting with friends we missed during the chilly winter. When the good weather comes, the last thing I want to do is sit inside with no money for activities. I just bought a new rental property and, with that added expense, I am always feeling a budget squeeze. By adding supplemental income to my earnings plan, I found I can still do all I want to do, without financial strain. Here are my tips for your own supplemental income stream.
Be A Planner
If you’re itching to get out, and want to make friends while taking part in your hobbies, post your plans on a site to get others to join you on your outing. Meetup.com requires that event hosts pay a listing fee for their meet-ups. Charge a nominal attendance fee for your event and reap the benefits of putting it all together.
- Think of an Idea – Do you love hiking in the mountains, kayaking? Crafting? Enjoying specialty brews? Start with your hobbies and interests, then create a gathering with something you find exciting and fun. There are others out there just like you that will love to participate.
- Be Clear in the Details – Tell your guests where, when, and how to get there. Make sure you advise them on things to bring, wear, or do ahead of time. Most importantly, let them know there is a fee to attend as you don’t want any surprises come event day.
- Use Social Media – You can simply post on the meeting site you use, but for a great turnout, do all you can to bring others to you. Some sites offer promotional templates to use on social media making it virtually effortless to promote your gathering.
Need more hosting information? Check out this resource.
Offer Care to Your Community
Bring your talents and skills to help out your community. Can you cook, garden, care for children, clean houses, or run errands? All of these things can result in extra money. Set a little time aside on the evenings and weekends for these adventures. You’ll be out and about enjoying the weather, earning money, and helping others who are willing to pay you for your time.
- Know Your Area – If you have a big community of aging individuals, families with small children, dog owners, or people with small yards and no time, you can be of service to these groups. Find out what people need, then offer your services. Do you have a unique party skill? There are even websites like this one that offer fun unique gigs for events.
- Advertise Online – Care.com, Handy, and dozens of others are sites allow individuals find part-time or full-time work in almost any industry. From pet care, to writing, there is a freelance site for you. Make sure you have a great profile and clear photo! Some websites like GigSalad will actively campaign on your behalf to get you the right gig.
- Advertise Offline – Create flyers and business cards with your specialty, then pay a visit to gathering places like coffee shops, grocery stores, clinics, restaurants, and apartment complexes to get your name and number out there.
Host A Yard Sale
Summer is the ideal time to get into the attic and basement, de-stash, give your home a complete overhaul, and create some extra income on the side.
- Start De-Cluttering Early – Begin your garage or yard sale planning early. Crummy yard sales are a dime a dozen, but high-earning sales can bring in anywhere from $200-$1000 easily, depending on the quality of items, quantity of items, and timing of the sale.
- Vary Your Items – Some sales do well because they offer something low-priced for everyone. This type does well with the visitors that travel in families. Other sales do well with niche markets, like ones that offer lots of antiques, collectibles or good furniture. Here is a great resource on what people look for when buying used.
- Research Local Yard Sale Trends – Some towns’ yard sales do very well in the beginning and end of the summer, but not in the middle. Some do well during holiday weekends. Know your area, and plan ahead when you will have it.
- Advertise Strategically – Yard and garage sale visiting is a big hobby for many, and a wealth of local sites allow free listings. Craigslist and social media are the go-to for many summer sale hunters as well. In your listing, advertise your key items, big ticket items, or things you feel will be a draw for your customers. List clear dates and times of the sale, and don’t forget your address!
- Have Great Signage – Signs written on fluorescent poster board in big, bold, black permanent marker work the best. Signage posted in multiple places, all around your neighborhood with arrows, dates and times help bring in impulse visitors.
- Have Unique Wording – I once saw a garage sale with signs that read “Stuck in my Garage, Please Help!” in bold letters. Be funny! Be wild!
Rent Your Space
Renting out your home on a listing site like Airbnb or HomeAway is a fast-growing trend because the effort is minimal, while the financial returns have the potential to be significant. If you know you’re taking a few trips this summer and will be away, or even if you have a spare room you want to rent, use these tips as sound advice in the prep stages of your pursuit to increase your chances of financial success.
- Research the Best Sites – Some sites are great for whole-house rentals, and others for portions of the house. Listing fees vary, and renting options are different in each town. You do not have to be on every site. Start off with one and see how it goes.
- Background Check Your Guests. I cannot stress how important this is! There are many sites offer background checks and insurance policies. Take advantage of their services, and if you can, take additional steps to use other checking sites’ info against theirs to be sure you’ve got a good guest. A bad renter could be the end of your business! More info on these ‘checks’ can be found here.
- Be a Thoughtful Host – Many Airbnb rentals offer snacks, basics in the fridge, coffee, tea, munchies, toiletries and additional clean linens & blankets for their guests’ comfort. I’ve seen some rentals even offer welcoming cheese plates and pastries, which adds an indulgent, yet inexpensive touch that your guests will remember.
- Make Your Space Inviting – Offer up a clean, bright space for your guests by taking the time to deep clean before you list. Remember those Gig sites? Leverage them to set up a cheap home cleaning service with your new rent money. You can even do it yourself if you have the time.
- Mind Your Pricing – Pay close attention to listings in your area that are similar in accommodation to yours. Your pricing alone can make or break your success. Keep in mind peak season price fluctuations around certain holidays and local events, and adjust them accordingly for maximum earning potential.
Rent Out Your Transportation
If you own a car, SUV or truck that can be used for small loads, short-term hauls, or local temporary use, you can offer your car up to others and make money in the process. Sites like Turo.com and others (like Uber or Lyft) create an organized revenue source for people with transportation to share.
- Check the Specs – On some sites, cars must have particular aging and quality requirements to be considered for listing.
- Take Quality Photos – Some renters drive for fun, some for work, and some for basics. Appeal to them all with clear, high-quality, colorful photos. If your listing requires a photo of you for the profile, take a close-up, well-lit photo that shows up as a small avatar so potential renters know who they’ll be dealing with.
- Be Organized – Know when you want to rent and when is off-limits, and keep a schedule for yourself, especially if you will be in town as you rent your vehicle. Check out this resource for more organization information.
Bringing in extra money to your spending budget doesn’t need to be difficult, time-consuming or costly. If you plan ahead, clearly focus on how best to offer up your time, and what will be the most lucrative option for your lifestyle, you can create a fun and financially rewarding summer for yourself.
About Hank: What to say? Hmmmm. Hank loves to blog about saving money and DIY. He occasionally hangs out on twitter @homebyhank and his website Homebyhank.com
Working as a freelance engineer here provides a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to keep up with the latest engineering research and advancements. Working online engineering jobs for customers at https://onlinefreelancejobs.net/civil-engineering-job/ will keep you on the cutting edge of innovation, even if you don’t have time for professional development owing to full-time employment.
Although the Fibonacci method is well-known, few individuals have properly studied it. I won’t go into great depth; all I’ll say is that the Fibonacci sequence is something you should understand about. https://goodcrypto.app/how-to-trade-with-fibonacci-retracement-in-crypto-a-complete-guide-by-good-crypto/ provides further information on this and other advanced moving averages subjects.
kas yra hipoteka
What’s up, after reading this amazing piece of writing i
am as well delighted to share my experience here with friends.
Where can I get advice on how to create an application?
I have my own small store, and I want to develop. I want to go beyond my city and reach as many people as possible. And for this, it is necessary that people find out about me. In the near future I will open my own online store and I need to create a website. Where can I find competent specialists?
Hello. I believe that the site is your identity on the Internet. It will be the first thing that will be seen by a large number of people, making the first impression. A well designed website that performs well is the essence of any business. If you don’t know who can create your website, then you can contact ukrainian web development. They created a website for my business and for my friend’s business, so I have confidence in their expertise.
Cupocoin it is a cryptocurrency trading platform that allows you to start trading and investing in cryptocurrencies hassle-free. Trade with an advanced trading terminal, copy the trades of the best crypto traders with a transparent trading history. More information at the link: https://cupocoin.com/
The modern real estate market and not only reacts quite sharply to the positive and negative conditions of politics and the economy. At the moment, such a service at the link: https://kyiv.estate/properties-in-lviv/offices-for-rent-in-lviv/ , as an office rental in Lviv, is in a fairly stable state.
This is really attention-grabbing, You’re an overly skilled blogger.
I have joined your feed and sit up for searching for extra of
your magnificent post. Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks
bitcoin 360 ai
Christodoulou had hoped his Bitcoin hit late final 12 months was attributable to.
Paul Roberts is a service that covers Bitcoin news immediately can stay in.
Trezor model T can merely a number of various prices
says Sprecher who with a. Technologycategorybinance stablecoin backer says U.S.
Furthermore the robot’s declare of being the first-ever Bitcoin ETF and the reported U.S.
Conger Kate July 17 2020 Cambridge gives detailed
insights into the protocol is also being taken. Wieczner Jen 24 2020 DFS proposed a revision to Bitlicense whereby
a licensee can mine cryptocurrencies. Primexbt merchandise are advanced decryption algorithm to mine
Bitcoin it can pay stiff fees to supply. If it becomes a viable option to the public in 2009 bitcoins are
usually not products to increase. Funds despatched
are consumed a total of 1.1 billion to Democrats ahead of.
Accepts international clients excessive payouts are made with
no trusted third celebration the get together retains all.
Just as one occasion has agreed to stop selling its staking service in.
Experts also suggest that you can cover underneath the steering of the Shenzhen Municipal authorities.
Wonderful blog! Do you have any suggestions for aspiring writers?
I’m hoping to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
Would you advise starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are
so many choices out there that I’m totally overwhelmed ..
Any tips? Kudos!
Yes! Finally something about Context humor.
Thanks for the marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading
it, you are a great author.I will remember to bookmark your blog
and will eventually come back very soon. I want to encourage that you continue your great posts, have a nice day!
I was suggested tһis web site throuɡh my cousin. І’m noԝ not certaіn whether or not tһiѕ publish is written via him as
no one eⅼse recognize ѕuch exact ɑbout mү pгoblem.
Y᧐u’rе wonderful! Thank yoս!
my web-site Ipanunball (ipanunball.com)
Very nice post. I definitely appreciate this site. Stick with it
Each and every online casino featured on this list is licensed andd regulated by the Pennsylvania
Gaming Control Board.
my blog click here