Valentine’s Day is coming around the corner and with that comes many gift ideas for your Valentine. It can also be an expensive day!
So, we set a budget for what we are going to spend on each other each year. It is fun to see what we can get for the budget we set aside. One of my favorite things to do is to have a special delivery made to him at work for the things he loves. We will share some more ideas later on ways to have a thrifty Valentine’s Day and what we have done in the past!
This year, however, I am doing something that I have never had the opportunity to do before as it wasn’t affordable! Gourmet Chocolates delivered!!
Thanks to the numerous Daily Deal Sites that have popped up in the last year, there are some real affordable options for specialty chocolates and truffles this year! I was researching to find out what I could get for the budget we have and found the perfect office delivery gift!
So with that, I thought in case any of you wanted to give a gift of flowers, candy or truffles to someone special, then here are some ways to go for CHEAP! Please note: Many of these have order deadlines to get the discounts!
First, you can grab a $30 gift certificate to Shari’s Berries for only $11 -$15. They offer a ton of chocolate dipped strawberry gifts (and other candy/flower type gifts) for right around $30! They will deliver to home, office or anywhere! So this makes them 50% off plus the cost of delivery (which will vary for each person). Or you can apply your $30 voucher to shipping, so find a gift under $30 and you can use the remaining balance to pay for the delivery/shipping – all for $11-$15!
When you see this deal, it will be priced at $15, but if you are new to Mamapedia, you can use coupon code: COUPONCAB4 for an additional $4 off, making this only $11 for new Mamapedia buyers! (Thanks Ashley!)
Here’s how to get the Shari’s Berries $30 certificate for $15:
- Head over to the Mamapedia site HERE
- Log-in or register
- Then click on “change city” at the top and change it to National as this is a national deal.
- You will see a Valentine card making deal… scroll down the page a bit and look to the right under “featured sweet deals” and you will see the Shari’s Berries Deal – click on this
- Then click on “buy” and make your purchase.
- **If you are new to Mamapedia, then use coupon code: COUPONCAB4 to get an additional $4 off!
- Your gift card will be available in about 24 hours and you will see the egift card in your Mamapedia account at that time.
The Fine Print:
- Limit (one) per person
- Enter your voucher into the “Promotion & Source Code” box in your Shopping Cart
- Cannot be combined with other promotions or discounts
- Cannot be used for same-day delivery or on wine products
- Must place order by 12pm PST on February 12 for Valentine’s Day delivery
- Expires February 28, 2011
- Upon expiration, unused Vouchers will be redeemable for $15 at Sharis Berries
- Voucher may be used towards shipping
Second, you can grab a $30 gift certificate to Sugar-Plum.com for $15. Sugar-Plum.com sells chocolate truffles, cookies, candy, gift baskets – TONS. This gift certificate is through Family Finds. The chocolates are handmade and dipped the same day as shipping/delivery. This voucher does not cover shipping – so that will be in addition (I checked for shipping in our area and it was $7.45 for a $30 gift). $30 will go A LONG WAY on this site compared to other chocolate gift sites I have seen. There is also no limit to the number you could buy and they do not expire until 8/2011, so possibly great for gifts for other occasions too!
Here’s how to grab a $30 Sugar-Plum.com gift certificate for $15:
- Head over to the Family Finds site HERE
- Log-in or register
- You will see Sugar-Plum.com deals
- Click on “buy now” and make your purchase.
The Fine Print:
- No limit on number of vouchers you can buy, but only one voucher may be used per order.
- Vouchers cannot be used or combined with any other discount.
- To use voucher, order must be a minimum of $30.
- Shipping is not included. A variety of shipping options are available: USPS Priority Box, FedEx Standard Overnight, FedEx 2Day, FedEx Express Saver, and FedEx Home Delivery. International shipping also available.
- Voucher must be redeemed by August 1, 2011.
Third today is the Eversave deal of the day where you can get a $30 TemptingTruffles.com gift certificate for $10-$15. They carry a number of specialty chocolate truffles that you can have delivered for Valentine’s Day! This certificate also does not cover shipping/delivery, which is a flat $9.95. You can purchase up to three of these discount gift certificates and they do not expire until December 31st.
This deal is listed as a $30 gift certificate for Tempting Truffles for $15. This is the price you would pay, unless you are new to Eversave, then you will only pay $10 as you will receive a $5 credit on your first purchase.
Here’s how to grab a $30 Sugar-Plum.com gift certificate for $10 – $15:
- Head over to Eversave site HERE and log-in or register
- Then see today’s deal for your area and you should see the $30 Tempting Truffles gift certificate for $15. If you do not see them listed, check the deal under Salt Lake City. This is an online deal for anyone to use anywhere, just hosted under certain cities, including Salt Lake.
- Click on “buy now” and make your purchase (if you are new, your $5 credit will be applied at checkout)
- Your certificate will be available to start using in 2-days for you to use on the TemptingTruffles.com
The Fine Print:
- Expires: Dec 31, 2011
- Code available 2 days after purchase at 12:00:PM EST
- May buy up to 3 Saves for gifts and repeat purchases
- Use 1 code per purchase
- To ensure delivery for Valentine’s Day, orders must be placed by February 9th
- Code cannot be used toward shipping; $9.95 flat rate shipping applies
- Code valid for purchases of $30 or more on TemptingTruffle.com
So, out of the three above daily deals, I decided to go for the $30 Shari’s Berries gift certificate for $15. The reason…. Alex LOVES strawberries and I have always wanted to get him specialty ones (made many on past Valentines myself too!) that can be delivered to his office by someone other than my mom or friend 🙂 Also, this certificate can be applied to the shipping too, which helps save a bit more! Now to find a way to keep Alex from seeing this post….. it helps that he will be at work for today!
Let us know what deal you decided to get and why to help us all make the best buying decisions!
We will also share any upcoming flower and rose deals that we come across!