Yesterday was a Thrifty Shopping Day! We typically will do our shopping on Tuesdays or Saturdays! We went to three stores: Walmart, Walgreens, and Rite Aid. First, I am a ONE store grocery shopper typically! However, I will sometimes head over to Walgreens and/or Rite Aid too!
It was just me and the four kids. My girls are becoming quite the big helps! Pushing carts, holding coupons and counting out the number of each item we are buying. My son is very observant to point out every item that has a car or dinosaur on it (and will not move on until we recognize his observation) and WOW, manufacturer’s really market to kids to literally have a version of their products that contain these images!!
Here is the low down: We spent a total of $2.20 on the items below, when factoring in Walgreens Register Rewards (coupons that print, giving you that money off on your next transaction) and Rite Aids rebates!
We went to Walgreens first, I have to be honest and say that I am not the biggest fan of Walgreens (I know, a crime in the coupon world!). It is mostly because I don’t have great experiences at the Utah locations. The Walgreens in many of the Utah stores are not coupon friendly! However, sometimes it is worth the headache!
We got the following there:
- 8 Toblerone Chocolate – Sale for $1.50, Walgreens coupon for $1/2 in December coupon book = $1.00. Then used $1/1 SS 11/22 = Final FREE! (Thanks CommonSenseWithMoney for the tip on this!)
- 2 Oral-b Satin Floss – Sale for $2.50 – $1.50 in RR = $1.00. Then used $1/1 PG 11/29 = Final FREE!
- 1 Gillette Fusion Razor – Sale for $8.99 – $4.00 RR = $4.99. Then used $4/1 PG 11/29 = Final .99!
- 2 Day/NightQuil – Sale for $10.00($5.00 each) – $5.00 RR = $2.50. Then used two $1.50/1 PG 11/29 = Final $1.00 each!
- 2 Glade Fragrance Collection candles – Sale for $5.00 ($2.50 each) – $1.00 RR = $4.00. Then used $3/2 SS 11/22 = Final .50 each! (There is a $2/1 coupon found in the Parade Magazine from 11/15 – If you had 2 of these, it would make these candles FREE)
- 1 Complete Multi-purpose Solution – Sale $7.99 – $7.99 RR = FREE. Then used $1/1 RP 10/25 = Final $1.00 OVERAGE!
- 2 Sunkist 2-liter Soda – Sale for $1.00 each with in-ad coupon. Then used $1/2 SS 11/15 = Final .50 each!
Walgreens Summary: Spent $3.99 for 18 items = average of .22 an item! For the full list of Walgreens deals with coupon match-ups go HERE.
Next was Rite Aid – here is what we got there!
- 1 Gillette Fusion- Sale for $9.00 – $5.00 SCR = $4.00. Then used $4/1 PG 11/29 = Final FREE!
- 1 Febreze Candle – Sale for $5.99 – $2.00 SCR = $3.99. Then used $2/1 PG 11/29 = Final $1.99!
- 1 Crest Toothpaste – Sale for $2.49 – $1.50 SCR = .99. Then used .75/1 PG 11/29 = Final .24!
- 1 Complete Multi-purpose Solution – Sale for $7.99 – $7.99 SCR = Final FREE
- Then used $5/$25 purchase at Rite Aid found HERE.
Rite Aid Summary: $2.77 OVERAGE!
We then headed to Walmart to pick up our fruits, veggies, eggs, milk, etc. (there were no grocery ads right after the Thanksgiving holiday – we just went to Walmart for our perishables). While we were there, I also picked up some shipping tape CHEAP!
- 6 Duck Brand packing tape refils – $1.08. Used $1/1 SS 11/22 = Final of .08 each!
- 2 Duck Brand packing tape rollers – $1.50. Used $1/1 SS 11/22= Final .50 each!
Walmart Summary: In addition to Walmarts everyday low prices for the perishable items we needed – we got the above 8 items for .98! We also picked up kids’ clearance shirts, shorts, and pants for only $1.00 each and loaded up!
Grand Summary: Spent $2.20 for the above items. There are 30 items in all – Average of .07 each!
All-in-all – I would say it was worth the 2.5 hours of shopping (with kids!)!