It was me and four kids for this shopping adventure. We first started this fun shopping trip by having lunch out at Burger King. I got 3 FREE kids meals, then myself a meal with FREE chicken fries for the baby. I had the coupon for the FREE kids meals from a previous post, plus there was a Burger King coupon booklet that came in the mail with the Red Plum mailers for a bunch of FREEBIES when you purchase another item. There was a coupon for FREE chicken fries with a value meal purchase. I purchased a small size grilled chicken sandwich meal for $5.99 and received everything else for FREE = so the final for all 5 of us to eat out was $5.99!
We then headed over to Walmart to do our weekly grocery shopping!
This week, I noticed that there was a handful of items that I wanted from a handful of stores. I decided to go to Walmart and just do all of my shopping there and price match those items. I used the all-in-one list from the Grocery Smarts website and just customized it and it ended up being 3 pages for all of the stores I was price matching.
Here is a picture of what I got: The final total was $36.38
Here is how it worked out:
- 1 Raspberry Honey Butter sale for $2.17 = final is $2.17
- 2 Weight Watchers bakery items for $2.37 each. Then used two $1/1 = final is $2.74 for two or $1.37 each
- 2 Rhodes rolls for $3.42 each. Then used $1/2 SS 11/15 & 12/6= final is $5.84 for two or $2.92 each
- 2 ground turkey for $1.00 each = final is $2.00 for two or $1.00 each
- 1 turkey sausage roll for $1.42 = final is $1.42
- 8 Ronzoni Smart taste pasta $1.28 each = $10.24. Then used eight .75/1 SS 12/6 = -$6 = final is $4.24 for eight or .53 each
- 7 Bird’s Eye SteamFresh veggies $1 each = $7.00. Then used seven .35/1 SS 11/15 = – $2.45 = final is $4.55 for seven or .65 each
- 2 Danimals Drinkable yogurt $1.88 each = $3.76. Then used two $1/1 = – $2.00 SS 1/10= final is $1.76 for two or .88 each
- 4 Pillsbury Crescent rolls for $1 each = $4.00. Then used two $1/2 = – $2.00 = final is $2.00 for four or .50 each
- 5 Blistex Lip Care for $1.00 each = $5.00. Then used five .65/1 SS 11/15 = – $3.25 = final is $1.75 for five or .35 each
- 4 Yoplait yogurt (2 yo-plus 4-pk & 2 Fiber One 4-pk) for $1.50 each = $6. Then used 4 $1/1 = -$4.00 = final is $2.00 for four or .50 each 4 pack
- 3 SoftSoap hand pump for $1.00 each = $3.00. Then used 3 .35/1 SS 1/3= – $1.05 = final is $1.95 for three or .65 each
- 1 -lb bag salad for .89 = final is .89
- 6.26 lbs bananas for .49 lb = final is $3.07
Summary: AFTER price matching many of the above items, my total was $60.13. I then used $23.75 in coupons. This made my final total $36.38 for all of the above items!! There were 43 items, for an average of .85 each! Yay!
I forgot to get the Starkist Tuna for $1.00 (price matched from Smiths and Kroger), I had 2 $1/1 from Vocal Point printable, plus BOGO from Vocal Point in the mail, and $1/2 Starkist from the Good Housekeeping February 2010 edition, but as the sale does not end until Tuesday – I may run over there (since I live close) and grab 6 pouches and end up paying $3.00 for all six = final is .50 each!
*Although there is some meat and produce here, wondering where most of it comes from? We buy a 1/4 of a cow 2’xs per year, participate in a produce co-op, and have our milk delivered. I will share more on all of this later and why we do this!
THIS WEEK’S SHOPPING TRIP – WALMART 43 ITEMS FOR $36!!!