Just like we mentioned with yesterday’s recipe, we are sharing a recipe each day this week to make for a complete yummy summer meal! We love these recipes and some are our unique recipes and some are sharing some from our friends that we have adopted and make and love!
With that, the second recipe is uniquely my own concoction and it is super yummy and a favorite of ours!
So the name of this salad is Sweet Red Potato Salad. This is such a good recipe and a great potato salad for any meal and get together!
Here’s the ingredients needed:
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 2 cups of Carrot shreds
- 3/4 cup diced red onions
- 1/2 cup of sweet relish or diced sweet pickles (we use diced sweet pickles because we like the bigger sweet chunks in our salad)
- For the dressing: 1.5 cups mayo mixed with 1 Tbs. Sugar, 1 Tsp. celery seed, 2 Tbs. Rice Vinegar *For a healthier version, you can use 1.5 cups of Greek yogurt instead!
How to make:
- Cook and dice the red potatoes into big chunks and cool.
- Then mix in Carrot shreds, red onions and sweet pickles and relish.
- The stir in the dressing and mix until well blended
- Serve chilled!