Are you joining us for Spring Cleaning? If so, here’s your guide so far. This page keeps growing with more ideas and recipes, so be sure to bookmark it as we do more ourselves!
Here’s the tasks so far for this Spring Cleaning Challenge:
- Put together your cleaning caddy (with items you probably already have at home)
- Clean out your Junk Drawer
- With your new Homemade Cleaning Wipes, go around your house and wipe off door/cupboard handles, light switches, railings, etc. – the things many hands touch! This is a great one for kids and it is actually our kids’ favorite chore!
- Clean out under all beds and under all couches.
- Then clean out and vacuum under couch cushions
- Clean out your front closet or whatever closet/area houses your coats, shoes, etc.
- Clean out all drawers and cupboards in the bathrooms
- Clean out bedroom closets
- Vacuum or wash your drapes
- Clean your blinds
- Wash all windows (inside and outside) and mirrors with your new Best Ever Homemade Window/Glass Cleaner
Finally, as we are moving along our Spring Cleaning, don’t forget about your shopping list to make all 26 items for around $12. We’ve been sharing the recipes as we go along too and so here’s the list and those that we have shared the recipes to are linked for you to get right to them.
Here’s what we will be making:
- Floor cleaners for different floor types
- Anti-bacterial Cleaning Wipes
- Mold and Mildew Remover
- Vacuum Cleaner Deodorizer
- Fruit and Veggie Wash
- Glass/Window Cleaner
- Antibacterial Cleaner
- Bathroom Scrub/Homemade Soft Scrub
- Air Deodorizer
- Stain Remover
- Kitchen/Food Area disinfectant
- Drain Cleaners
- Toilet Cleaners
- Carpet/Car deodorizer
- Garbage Disposer Cleaner
- Sensitive/Baby Laundry detergent
- Regular Laundry detergent
- Dishwasher Soap
- Dish Soap
- All-Purpose Cleaner
- Fabric Softener (4 Easy Recipes)
- Dishwasher/Washing Machine Cleaner
- Homemade Jet Dry
- Heavy Duty Natural Cleaner
- Magic Eraser and Gentle Wall Wash
So there you go! Let’s get busy and let’s get it done!
Check out these links to help you do these challenges with thrifiness in mind and on a tight budget:
- Spring Cleaning Challenge #1 with list of cleaning supplies to gather
- Shopping list to be able to make 23 natural homemade cleaning products for a very low price tag of $12.
- And then if you wanted to make them anti-bacterial and anti-viral, we also shared the natural but effective add-ins for much less HERE.
Be watching for even more recipes and cleaning challenges this Spring!
Are you still going to post recipes for the few that are left? I really need the one for liquid hand soap. I’m ready to start getting triclosan out of my house!
Yes! I am working on it 🙂
Is there a link showing all 26 recipes for the all natural cleaning products? Or have I just missed it. Thanks
thank you for the information on cleaner, I made the mistake of cleaning my laminate floors with “Orange Glo” now my floors are a mess, how can I clean them and make them shine at the same time. Thanks for your help
Put old future on my kit. floor. & it streaked and can’t seem to remove it. My floor is a mess. any help?
I have a really bad build up of spray cleaning wax on my beattiful cherry table. Can’t get it off. Help
Where are the recipes for hand soap and air deodorizer?
Hi Margie – they are coming soon 🙂
Looking forward to the Hand soap! It is one of the things I use the most! And then we need shampoo!
HI. WOW. WHAT A GREAT FIND. I SAW. A RECEIVED FOR EVERY THING, do you have one for old unfinished hardwood floors.? My whole house needs refinishing but we cannot afford it . Thanks so much
hi there, I am making the transition to “green” cleaners. I love the ones you have posted here, but several of them dont seem to have links. will you be posting the remaining recipes? thanks!
Hi Cassie! I absolutely love all of your posts! Thank You so much for all the hard work you put into this site. I am hoping you can give me some guidance. I finally have the lavendar oil and paper towels to make my baby wipes and cant find the directions anymore. Could you please point me in the right direction?
Hi Wanda – that’s great! You will love these and here’s the link: https://thethriftycouple.com/2013/05/07/homemade-natural-safe-and-healthy-baby-wipes-2-recipes-and-both-easy/
I am looking for the recipe for liquid dish soap. Whenever you click on the link, it goes straight to the website for dish network.
Do you have a recipe for something to use on yellowed stained clothes ?
What was the tip you had on here that uses white chalk?
When cleansing your face, wash for 30 to 45 seconds wit a dime-sized amount of cleanser.
They are necessaary for healthy ccell growth and can fight the
inflammation that makes your skin lokk dull and puffy.
Secondly, you ccan seek the services of a beauty consultant oor naturopath who might give you necessary recommendations for
There are several of those cleaners that when you click on them they go to other things. I would like to get the dish soap recipe but it goes to DISH network website. Can I get the recipe for the dish soap somewhere?? Thanks
Would you happen to have any recipe for conditioning a leather couch? Thanks!
If you’ve been reading our blog for any amount of time, you know that I love a spring cleaning challenge. Whether it’s getting rid of junk or organizing your home, a spring cleaning challenge is a fun way to get organized and have some fun while getting things done.
One way to make cleaning more fun is to join a spring cleaning challenge with friends. This can be an inexpensive and enjoyable way to spend some quality time together and improve your mental health at the same time.
Do you know a recipe for removing yellow stains from clothing?
Candles make small particles and gases that can pollute indoor air. These particles can also be harmful to your health if you are exposed to them outdoors. However, we don’t know yet if the same is true for the small and hail damage very small particles made by candles when they’re burning.