I have an announcement to make. We are going to Disneyland!! And we are sharing the Best Disneyland Deal out there that we used ourselves! How to get the best ticket prices, hotel prices, package prices and character dining prices! We share it all here.
This is very exciting for our family. Our entire family of 8 is headed to the sunny skies of Southern California from the Rocky Mountain Northwest. It will be a weather welcome after having a massive, surprising snow storm yesterday (yes, as in the springtime).
It is also very exciting because this will be the first time our kids have been to Disneyland since 2013 when we went with Grandma and Grandpa. But the even more exciting news is that it will be the first time that our previously peanut and tree nut allergic daughter gets to travel to Disneyland and actually eat and feel free to enjoy the sites, sounds, smells and tastes of Disneyland.
You see, she was part of a new treatment for food allergy kids and was a successful graduate! She had no issues, after previously going into anaphylactic shock just from the peanut dust and smells. It is really amazing.
She actually graduated 2-years ago. We have lived a food allergy free life for two years now. When she graduated, we asked her how she wanted to celebrate…she said a few things, “I want to go to Disneyland and actually eat and not worry about touching the handles on the rides. I want to go on a cruise to eat all I can and I want to leave the country and explore somewhere in the world like Italy because I am no longer a prisoner in the United States alone.”
Well, it was a tall order. One that we told her we would love to fulfill as life allows.
Two-years later, we are fulfilling wish #1 – Free to enjoy Disneyland without feeling like a semi-prisioner! And if you are a newsletter subscriber, you will have seen how wish #2 is being fulfilled…more on that later.
Although this has been 2-years in the making (meaning saving for as it isn’t the cheapest vacation to send a family of 8 to Disneyland for a week), we booked and purchased our trip in the past month. We leave next week for a week-long trip to Disneyland, the first week of April.
When it came to planning, I did what I have always done….and INSANE amount of research, price checking, price comparisons and negotiations.
I always like to applaud myself on the back of the amazing travel deals we can find, but then I realize just how much work I have put into saving every penny.
Well, it happened again….
After my insane research, I ended up again on the same place I always end up on. I ended up booking through GetAwayToday. They seriously have the lowest prices, lowest packages (far better than I have been able to do a la carte), lowest Disneyland tickets, lowest Disneyland extras (like Character Dining: details below) and the whole gambit. I have never used a travel agent for any of our vacations because I can always do a little better a la carte to our destinations…except Disneyland! And they proved it again. I have traveled myself to Disneyland with my best friend (girls weekend) and with my hubby for the runDisney event. I have used GetAwayToday every time. But this was our whole family – could they still beat every possible scenario for 8 people? Yep!
This time, when I called to pay for our vacation for our family, I said,
“Look, you have the best deals. I have a website sharing frugal tips with our readers. I will be talking again about how you guys really are the best on my frugal living website. Is there anything you can do to make it even sweeter when I tell them we are going to Disneyland?”
And here’s where the really, really good news comes in…quite possibly the absolute best price you can get on a Disney vacation…. GetAwayToday has the guaranteed lowest prices. Meaning, if you happen to find a better deal, they will beat the better deal you find! That is for everyone, all of the time. Their standing rule – they promise to give you the best prices!
But, as a reader of TheThriftyCouple, you will get those lowest prices, plus take another $10 off any 2-day or longer package to Disneyland, San Diego, LegoLand…any of their vacations. The coupon code to take another $10 off is: ThriftyCouple10
That means you will get the absolute, guaranteed lowest prices, plus another $10 off!!
Why you want to book your 2017 – 2018 vacation NOW
- Right now, you can book vacations about 12-18 months in advance. This will get you through most of 2018.
- The earlier you book, the better the prices because more options are available. Once a hotel sells out, it goes off the “options” list. GetAwayToday will guarantee you the lowest prices, but only on what is left.
- Book your vacation by April 3rd and use coupon code: ThriftyCouple10 for $10 off any vacation package that is 2-days or longer.
- Right now, there are 3rd, 4th and 5th nights FREE at many of the hotel partners with GetAwayToday. This promotion can end at anytime, so you want to book before this is over.
- You don’t have to pay for your vacation now, but booking now secures the prices (including if the Disneyland ticket prices increase).
- To delay paying for it, but have it reserved, GetAwayToday allows you to “layaway” your vacation. Don’t go into debt by paying for it with a CC or loan, but instead, reserve, layaway for $125 down and you can make payments on your vacation at any pace and rate you want, as long as it is all paid for 2-weeks before. So you can hold it with the $125 down, not have to pay anything and just make the final payment 2-weeks before.
- GetAwayToday gives freebies! That is the other awesome part – even if I could get the exact same deal a la carte or elsewhere, I would still use GetAwayToday because we get freebies. They change all of the time, but from lanyards, backpacks, coupons, buttons, pins, etc. The coupons are really good – generally about $300 in value for BOGO meals in downtown Disney or other similar types. It’s just a nice little bonus!
- Even if you have a place to stay and only need tickets – they have the lowest ticket prices too!
Now on with the EXTRAS!
For our family, this Disneyland trip was designed to enjoy the food! Food and eating is our top priority this trip. We have already made a list of all of the unique foods (like the PB&J Soda) that we plan to try. We plan to get one of each of the things on the list and share so we can get a taste of a bit of everything. We are going to be doing live video of taste testing all of the unique foods Disneyland offers.
We plan to eat one sit-down meal in the parks per day and the rest are the unique and fun snacks. We will certainly be hitting the bakeries and candy stores for the FIRST TIME EVER!
To do this, I am buying Disney gift cards at my local Kroger for 2x’s fuel points. I plan to buy $400 worth. This gives us about $80 a day to use to enjoy FOOD! This $400 purchase will give us $0.80 off per gallon of gas at Smiths – which will be about a $17 discount.
You can also get $150 of Disney gift cards at Sam’s Club for $144.97 – a $5 savings per $150.
Finally, we are doing character dining! The premium Character Dining is $60, plus tax and tip per adult (ages 10+ is considered an adult). However, GetAwayToday also has discounted extras like character dining. We purchased the $47 dining voucher, which includes taxes and tip – which means that this is a huge savings, more than $20 per person!!
There you have it! A quick synopsis of our Disneyland trip and how we did it for the absolute lowest prices. We will be doing some live video on our Facebook page of our trip too!
How to Get Quite Possibly The Best Disneyland Deal Out There
- Head to GetAwayToday HERE or call them at 1-855-Get-Away
- Search for packages OR
- Have them put together a couple of packages – I will ask for a super budget option and a more luxury option to decide what we want to do and compare the two. The difference will be in the type and quality of hotels.
- Give them coupon code: ThriftyCouple10 for $10 off any 2-day or longer package
- Pay for your trip or put it on layaway for $125 down.
- Enjoy your affordable Disney or other vacation!
See the live video I did with GetAwayToday yesterday