So as we are searching around for the best toy prices that are on the Christmas lists this year, we wanted to let you know about something that makes sense to us and it makes sense more than just beyond the obvious! The obvious is that Toys R Us and Babies R Us are offering a price match guarantee this year on everything! If they sell it and another store has it for less, you can price match and get the same deal.
So why is this a big deal? Besides, Walmart and Target also price match! Well, there are a few rules with price matching that we will discuss in a minute, but due to the price matching, you will be able to get even more benefits by your Toys R Us Rewards card.
You see, Toys R Us and Babies R Us has a rewards program called Rewards R Us. We’ve talked about it many times, it is good for toys, diapers and many more baby and kid items. You earn Toys R Us/Babies R Us “cash” to spend in the future. It is a free rewards program and the rewards can add up quickly!
Well, even better, they are offering a 10% reward back now through December 24th. They normally reward you with 1-2 points per dollar which comes out to be around 1-2% normally. So this is a nice extra bonus!
So, if you price match, and then scan your rewards card at checkout in-store, then you will receive the lowest price PLUS an extra 10% savings!
It sounds like a great extra way to shop this year.
Now…with any policy…there’s always rules. But Toys R Us and Babies R Us also have money off coupons on your entire transaction that they mail and are in their ads often this time of year. However, this isn’t an extra discount on top of the price matched policy as one of the rules is that the price match is after coupons. So don’t count on that as an extra bonus, but the 10% back from the Rewards R Us.
Here’s the rules:
- Price Match is valid for in-store purchases only.
- We will match all competitor store advertised prices.
- We’ll match Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com online pricing in our stores, except for online-only prices.
- Items purchased must be identical to the items advertised
(e.g., brand, color, size).
- The original, complete competitor ad, with valid dates, must be presented at time of purchase.
- Prices are matched after deducting any Toys”R”Us and/or Babies”R”Us coupon savings and other offers from our price.
- Price match is given at the time of purchase or within 7 days
of purchase date with a valid receipt.
And…here’s what they won’t price match:
- Category-wide or storewide discounts
- Buy One Get One with purchase offers
- Gift with purchase offers
- Percentage (%) off discounts
- Out-of-stock or limited quantity items
- Doorbuster items
- Prices advertised on Black Friday
- Internet pricing for non-baby gear items
- Ads with typographical pricing errors
With those rules though, there may be one way to get an extra discount, we are not promising that this is after your price matching price, but it could be as we are not sure how they would figure it differently. What is it? Well, right now you can get a free $10 gift card when you buy $75 worth of stuff. This is being advertised on their Facebook page and you will need the coupon(which is also in the ad right now) to get that free gift card. If you price match, it would be the after price match price, but it could be at third way to get an even lower price!
Now here’s some links to get you all hooked up with the lowest toy prices this year!
Head to the Toys R Us Facebook page HERE to get the $10 gift card offer:
Head to the Toys R Us Rewards R Us program HERE to sign-up for the free rewards program for the 10% extra back this season.
Finally, you can read up on all of the policies and details for the Toys R Us and Babies R Us price matching policy HERE.
[…] Also, we posted earlier about why we think Toys R Us might be the best place to shop for toys this year and beat all prices by 10%. Check out our previous post on Shopping at Toys R Us for the 2012 Christmas season! […]
[…] Perhaps Toys R Us is the Best Place For Toy Shopping This Year By Additional 10% Discount On Lowest … […]