Time to share our plan for this week 422 – 4/28/13. It has already been a super busy week as you can tell from our long list!
As always, before I share our weekly plan and our menu, you can read about each of these on these links as we encourage you to do the same to save time, money and sanity:
Here’s my plan this week, I’ve already done quite a bit of it between Monday and Tuesday this week!
T – stands for Thrifty – what are my thrifty goals for the week?
- Cook and freeze bulk natural sausage
- Start avocado seeds
- Plant onion bulb
- Create compost bins around house and add dumping to chore list
H – stands for Home – what are some things I/we need to do around and for our home?
- Clean out lg. kitchen cabinet
- Order Sprout Farm Kit
- Continue with Garage Sale Prep
- Clean out bedding and space bag it
R – stands for Relationships – a place where I write down who I need to call, send a note to or remember a birthday/event.
- Email Uncle
- Work out vacation details with grandpa/grandma
I – stands for Involvement – this is the part of my planner that allows me and my family to be involved in our community and church in small ways each week.
- Gather items for donation pick-up
F – stands for Finances – What financial tasks do we need to complete this week: (also as we continue to find our 2% cuts each month!)
- Send in current rebates
- Check when farmer’s market starts for sellers schedule (our girls are going to have a booth this year!)
- Evaluate and adjust savings goals
- Check out additional/different investment options
- Return Dish Box (we had this satelite service for a short while as it was included with a phone/internet package, but we have since changed providers and completely cancelled tv this time. We don’t watch it as we use many of the alternative forms we’ve talked about many times!)
- Pay current medical bill
T – stands for To-Do’s– misc. things I need to do this week!
- Next essential oils order (I rave about the 7 for household cleaning, but I have been slowly building my supply many different types for many different uses…when I have enough saved for the next round, I order more!)
- Order promotional supplements
- Tropical Traditions order
- Follow-up on allergy information for Azure Standard foods
- Calculate costs associated with building sq. foot gardens
- Service lawn mower
- Make Vitacost order for more foods/spices on current sale (do this by 4/26)
Y – stands for You – what are some things that I can do for myself to de-stress and relax for all of the hard work!
- Take a bubble bath!
Plus I have my developing shopping list and other tasks list on the right for those extras.
Here’s our planned dinner menu for the week!
Monday – Country Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes, corn and roasted zucchini
Tuesday – Spaghetti with Mizithra Cheese and browned butter (our knock-off restaurant version), green salad, roasted asparagus with hollandaise
Wednesday – Beef and potato casserole, sliced oranges, cottage cheese, steamed broccoli
Thursday – BBQ Chicken Sandwiches (using our frozen pre-cooked chicken), green salad, rosemary red potatoes and fruit
Friday – Date Night in… $5 Pizza for kids and Alex and I get a 2 for $20 meal. (Remember how we’ve mentioned that date night in means kids on one house level playing games/watching movies..spending time together with their pizza party and mom and dad are on another level for our date night in! It is a cheaper, yet fun way for the whole family to have a date!)
Saturday – BBQ Chicken Drumsticks, Sweet Red Potato Salad, Frito Corn Salad, Fruit Tray
Sunday – Spaghetti with Mizithra Cheese and Browned Butter
And… no matter whether you make a menu or not, don’t forget about “dinner by 10.”
If you would like to print your own THRIFTY weekly planner, you can do so below. Alex designed it to where it requires very little ink and in fact you can print it in fast draft/grayscale to use even less ink. But either one uses miniscule amount of ink! I would recommend printing or copy several as I often write plans a couple of weeks ahead too!
Please note, if you are reading this email in our rss feed or our email newsletter, you may have to click to the post HERE to print this download.
|<== Download your printable Weekly Thrifty Planner HERE|
Please share in the comments below what your menu and plan is for the week!