We went to Rite Aid this week. The thing we were most after – the Mom’s Best Naturals oatmeal, our store does not even carry!
However, we will not complain at all as we were able to catch some great deals! Drugstore shopping is just so fun…..
Here’s the picture of the goods:
- 2 Malt-o-Meal Cinnamon Toasters cereal (we will share a dessert recipe with this cereal soon!). Sale for $1.50 each = $3.00. Then used $1.00/2 printable = $2.00. Then received a $1.00 +UP reward = final is $1.00 for two or . 50 each.
- 2 Fiber One bran cereals regularly $4.79 (WHAT!) sale for $2.50 each (a little better!) = $5.00. Then used two $1.00/1 printables = $3.00. Then received a $1.00+UP reward = final is $2.00 for two or $1.00 each
- 1 Dawn dish soap sale for .88. Then used .50/1 from Home Made simple mailer = final is .38
- 1 EOS sphere lip balm $3.29 (many have them on sale for $2.99, not ours though!). Then submit for $2.00 Single Check Rebate = final is $1.29
- 2 Oral-B Cross Action toothbrushes sale for $2.99 each = $5.98. Then used bogo FREE coupon PG 9/26 – $2.99 = $2.99. Then used $1.00/1 PG 9/26 = $1.99. Then received a $2.00 +UP rewards TWICE = final is FREE plus $2.01 overage on two!
- 1 Oral-B Pulsar toothbrush sale for $4.99 (we can’t believe this is the sale price!). Then used $1.00/1 PG 9/26= $3.99. Then received a $3.00 +UP Reward = final is .99
- 1 Crest Pro Health toothpaste for $3.49. Then used $1.00/1 PG 9/26 or 8/29 = $2.49. Then received a $2.50 +UP reward = final is FREE with .01 overage.
- 1 Aveeno Leave-in-Treatment sale for $5.99. Then used $1.00/1 9/26 Red Plum Insert = $4.99. Then used $4.00/1 Rite Aid Video Values coupon = final is .99
- 2 Nexxus Hair Care sale for $5.99 each = $11.98. Then received one at 50% off from in-store sale = $8.99. The used the $6.00/2 Rite Aid Video Values coupon = $2.99. Then received a $3.00 +Up reward = final is FREE
- 2 Little Noses and 3 Allergen Blocker on sale for $4.00 each = $20.00. Then received a $10 +UP reward for buying 5 = final is $10 for 5 of them or $2.00 each.
We also used a $5/$25 Rite Aid coupon.
Summary: The total BEFORE coupons and AFTER sale prices was $64.60. We then used $26.49 in coupons which made our total out of pocket $38.11. We then received $26.50 in rewards = $11.61. We will then submit for the $2.00 rebate on the EOS lip balm = final is $9.61, which is pretty much means that we paid for the Allergen Blockers and Little Noses and received everything else for FREE!!
I was in shock about the last one because we couldn’t find the Allergen Blocker. Finally a store clerk helped us and she found it, unmarked on the sale, but rather the regular price of $16.49 a tube!!! I asked her twice if she was sure these were the ones on sale for $4 ($2 after +UP rewards) and she was sure. I then again asked when we got up front as I couldn’t believe these were $16.49 on sale for that price!! Anyway, it rang up at $4 each and then our rewards printed just fine…. so even though it did not have a sign, it was the right one. This is perfect for our 5 year old who had to deal with many allergies! We will stick this in her Epipen pouch to use for milder environmental reactions. And we are thrilled with the savings on it! It looks like quite a dandy little allergy medicine to have!
Please note, our out of pocket was lower as we used our +UP rewards from our last shopping trip. But since we counted that savings then, we won’t double count it 🙂
See our previous post for more Rite Aid deals this week.