Penniless week check-in! It’s Wednesday and we’re almost half way through penniless week. How is it going not spending a penny this week?
See the original post HERE to find out what we are talking about!
Our week so far:
- We didn’t fill-up the minivan with gas, so we only have 1/3 of a tank, which saved us a good chunk of change- but also means we can’t go many places, and yesterday was probably the one place we will go somewhere (which leads to #2).
- The kids and I had a free day at the museum (taking our own snacks) yesterday. We had a blast! But that is probably the only time we are going some where!
- We cancelled our milk delivery for the week and did not buy more milk before the week starts. It’s one of the bigger grocery expenses for the week, so a nice savings. If we run out (we haven’t yet as I am being stingy with it :)) then we will use powdered milk the rest of the week.
- We did not do any grocery shopping before, just eating the foods in our house. And we have already used up 3 dressings that each had a little in the bottle and a now a little more room in the fridge. Plus a handful of other foods. I am planning to “wash out” the fridge this weekend before we do our normal shopping next week since it is getting nice and cleaned out!
- The only produce we got for the week was from our Bountiful Baskets Co-Op order and we did the $15 basket to save another $10 from the normal organic basket.
- Alex was asked to go out to lunch with co-workers and he suggested next week.
- We are staying out of stores to not tempt ourselves.
- We are being careful about our online browsing too and realizing that any “rock bottom deal” is not the only time we can get a rock bottom deal.
- Entertainment isn’t a problem as we are home for movies we have or that are free pretty much every week anyway.
- Our older two girls have been a HUGE encouragement to keep everybody on track, they made dinner last night and they remind the littles about our Penniless week! It’s awesome that they are at this point in their maturity!
So how is your week going so far?
We are all almost half way through the week, so keep it going and keep it up!
If you don’t quite know what we are talking about or why we are not spending a single penny anywhere this week…. then check out our previous post HERE on Penniless week – the rules, tips, and tools to make it happen to save serious money this week!