This week, we ordered another Bountiful Baskets organic basket for $25 again. This time we were not as impressed, but it was still an awesome deal for all of this organic produce for $25!!!! With this type of co-op, you never know what you are going to end up with, but we have found each time to be well worth the $25 spent!! You can also obtain regular baskets of produce for $15. But we had the money in our grocery budget and so we just decided to do the $25 organic basket!
Here’s a picture of what we got!
- 1 bunch organic Kale (I am excited to try it and cook it just like spinach?!)
- 2 bunches of organic celery
- 3 organic cucumbers
- 1 bunch organic carrots
- 5 organic avaocados
- 5 organic peaches
- 1 package of organic Romain hearts
- 1 package of organic green onions
- 6 organic apples
- 8 organic bananas
- And 1 VERY pathetic looking tomato (I am not even sure what to do with the poor thing!)
We then did our regular shopping at Walmart this week. It was a very quick trip as there was not much we needed!
Here’s what we bought there!
- 1 3-lb bag apples for $3.47
- 1 2lb. bag salad $3.48
- 1 2lb. bag baby carrots $2.88
- 2.18 lb. bananas $$1.07
- 2 Dove Deodorant for $2.47 each = $4.94. Then used 2 $2/1 – $4 = final is .94 for 2 or .47 each!
- 1 2-pk Beech Nut Toddler entrees for $2.88. Then used FREE coupon = final is FREE
- 1 loaf bread $2.18
- 2 Borden String Cheese sale for $2.64 = $5.28. Then used 2 FREE coupons (received from taking a survey of theirs) = final is 2 for FREE
- 9 Ronzoni Pastas priced matched for .88 each = $7.92. Then used 5 .75/1 and 2 $1/2 – $5.75 = final is $2.17 for 9 or .24 each!
Summary: Spent $16.19 at Walmart and $25 for organic produce = $41.19!! Way under budget yet again 😉 and trying to incorporate healthier options at the same time!!
[…] what we have gotten in week’s past here, here plus learn about them here! May 22nd, 2010 | Category: Discounts, Groceries, Natural, […]
[…] have been purchasing the natural and organic selections in most cases, then onto our produce (and utilizing local produce co-ops to ease the cost of organic produce) and transitioning more and more each week! Our goal is to […]