Head’s up! Do you want to know how you can get natural, boneless, skinless chicken breast for only $0.99 per lb.! New customers can use coupon code: MYFIRST40 at this link HERE to make the chicken only $0.99 per lb. through Friday, February 17th, 2018 at 11:59 pm PST or until they sell out. Do not miss this sale as it is a once in a lifetime sale. They will likely sell out. The lowest the chicken has been was $1.27!
Along with the deal, I want to share my Zaycon review of the chicken breast. What is Zaycon? And a Zaycon coupon code and deal with you because this is a key to saving big time money and a key to lowering your grocery budget.
A few times per year, we tell you about how to get a great deal on farm fresh meats nationwide, by using a meat co-op. This is FRESH natural chicken breast, direct from the farm to table in about 3 days. It has never been frozen. You buy in bulk and receive it like a grocery store would and then you package them and freeze them (here’s what I do, freeze half raw and half cooked, or make a bunch of freezer meals in a couple of hours for the next several months). By cutting out the grocery store, you save 30-50% on meats everyday. That makes this the best deal everyday, so when they have a sale, it’s an AMAZING deal.
This is one of those few times per year that we get to say, “Run! Don’t walk to get a great deal on chicken breast!” In fact, this is the best price we have seen on this chicken for new customers to try this service!
We have been customers for over 7 years and this is how we have purchased most all of our chicken and much of our beef and the only way we have purchased Salmon (they only way we can afford Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon – the good stuff, not farmed). In fact, we shared an article on how our family spends $360 ($30 a month or $1 a day!) a year on meat. It’s because of THIS!
Well, it’s even better when you can get a stellar deal plus another discount. And that is what we have today for those that are new to Zaycon Fresh Foods! If you haven’t tried it yet, they have a new customer incentive where you can get $36 off a case of chicken, making it only $0.99 per lb.
Well, we would recommend you use it on their most popular product: boneless, skinless, chicken breast. It is on sale for $1.89 per lb., which makes a 40 lb. case only $75.60.
Then, when you apply the coupon code: MYFIRST99, which will take $36 off a case of chicken, making it only $39.60 per case of chicken, or only $0.99 per lb.
This deal is only good until February 17th at 11:59 pm PST, so don’t miss out! We often get emails after these deals asking when it will happen next because some readers missed it. We don’t know when they will have these deals, but we try to do our best to post when they happen!
How does this nationwide meat co-op work?
Now….let me explain how this works in a few bullet points:
- It’s only available a few times per year – each type of meat is offered about twice a year.
- You order now for a pickup in the future – usually 1-3 months ahead of time. Yes, you will be ordering now for a future pickup (in this case, ordering in February for June pickup).
- It’s only available in bulk – which is great for families with freezer storage OR 2 – 3 families sharing a case that don’t have freezer storage.
- You pick it up at the specified local location, not at a store, warehouse, etc. A refrigerated delivery truck arrives in your local area and parks in the parking lot. You drive up, roll down your window and give them your name, pop the trunk of your vehicle and they will load it in! You don’t even have to get out! It super simple, other than driving to the pick-up location. Most locations are within 5-10 minutes.
So in the end, it’s like a bulk, meat co-op! At least this is how you can think of it!
If it’s not sold in the grocery stores, how do I get it?
The way that this works is that you place your order online and then you will pick up your order from a local pick-up site as they are delivered to the area fresh in a cold truck. For example, the chicken comes right from the farm and is not frozen beforehand, so it is super fresh. The pick-up spot is usually within a few minute drive of your home and they are in a parking lot of a private business/organization (like a church parking lot) and the pick-up time for your area will be on a certain date and a small window of time (usually 30 minutes) on that day.
Here are some example pictures from our last pick-up:
Here are the details on the chicken breast:
Why would I buy this if I can get it in the grocery store for a similar price, but not have to deal with “bulk” chicken?
That’s a great question! There are actually a few people who have said that they can get chicken breast in their store all of the time for $1.99 or less. They never pay more, so why deal with 40lbs. of chicken that needs to be repackaged and then freeze if the price isn’t much different.
First, rarely can we get boneless, skinless chicken breast for $1.99 per lb. everyday. On sale, yes, but not everyday or every week.
Second, there are different qualities of chicken sold in the grocery stores. I know the owner of Zaycon as I was one of his first customers 7 years ago. I have emailed him and even talked to him on the phone several times about Zaycon’s chicken.
Here are some things to know:
- It’s NOT organic. No, it’s not organic. I have asked him if he will offer organic. But the way he can get incredible prices is by being able to make massive orders in bulk. He just hasn’t had the interest from customers to take that risk. The organic chicken will be AT LEAST twice as much, but that still means it is 30-50% less than the grocery store. I am still working on convincing him to offer it. 😉
- Since this is NOT organic, it is likely your BEST non-organic option. There are many varying levels of quality of chicken breast in the grocery store. That’s why you see a wide range of prices from the $1.99 to the $3.99 or more. Just like most every food out there, there are different levels of quality. Zaycon is equivalent to the $3.99, highest quality. I say $3.99 because an official report came out that this is the national average price for this quality of chicken. It could be a little more or less in your areas.
- “Official report based on current national average price according to Urner Barry Comtell for BSCbreasts at $3.98/lb. This represents a savings of 52% off Reg price ($1.89/lb).Example: Zaycon regular price ($1.89/lb) offers a savings of 52% over national average retail. **Savings sourced via Urner Barry report week of 1/15/18.”
- So since you are getting the highest quality for the lowest quality’s price, you are sacrificing a couple hours of your time to divide and package the chicken breast with minimal trimming. Basically, you get a 40lb. case like the grocery store would, but you are doing the leg work to prepare it like they do for the shelf (minor trimming and packaging in smaller packs). By doing this, you get your chicken for half the cost! That sounds like a fair trade!
- We only buy chicken twice per year, and make freezer meals of different kinds, plus cook half and freeze half raw. This is a lifesaver for me! I cannot tell you how many times I have pulled out my cooked, shredded chicken for healthy last minute meals. Not to mention the freezer meals. I likely wouldn’t have these if I wasn’t dealing with 40 lbs. of chicken twice per year. So it’s an extra blessing in disguise!
How to get chicken breast for $0.99 per lb. (New Customers)
Head to the Zaycon site HERE and register
- Once you have registered, you can now see the sales in your specific area. So click on “shop by product” at the top.
Then select chicken from the drop down menu.
Then find the chicken breast option and click on it.
- Once you are on the details of the chicken breast, to actually order, click on the “on sale now” button at the top of the chicken details page.
Add a case of chicken to your cart.
- Once in your cart, add the promo code: MYFIRST99 and it will drop your price from $75.60 to $39.60.
- Wait for your pickup location, date and time.
- You will also get reminder emails for your pickup in a few weeks.
- DON’T WAIT! They often sell out at many locations across the country and JUST started delivering in the North East! YAY!
Here’s a coupon code for current customers to get it for $1.39 per lb:
Current customers can catch a super deal too! Get the chicken breast for only $1.39 per lb. with coupon code: cohort139 through 2/10/2018 at 11:59 pm PST.
We highly encourage you to look into this and to place your orders soon as they sell out of this product. One time, I waited too long and the locations that were 3, 15, 25 minutes away were sold out and I had to go with the fourth option that was 45 minutes away, when I literally had an option up the road. It was still worth the 45 minute drive, however, I don’t wait any longer because I want to pick-up close to home and order before they sell out.
Don’t miss this event as it is only open for a short time and then it will be gone again for a while!