We are so excited to share with you this extremely successful plan to help you get your weight and health under control. You may wonder why we call this 90-Day Weight & Health challenge extremely successful. It’s because this is the exact plan that I used to lose nearly 100 lb (50 lb during the 90 days and I kept going!) and that Cassie used to lose over 30 lb herself! For a guy that didn’t think I would lose 10 lb over 90 days, I bet you can believe I was shocked!
If you don’t believe me, I share the pants that helped start this challenge below. This picture was taken near the end of the 90 days. This. Is. Real!
What’s great about this challenge is that it works like everything else we try to do on our site. This challenge and my transformation started by implementing small, gradual changes with the result of amazing transformation. This was not accomplished by cutting out a food group, by taking some type of crash diet approach (we don’t use a crash diet approach for our finances so why would we do it for our health?) but rather by making that change sustainable, so when you get to the end you just keep living that way – for the rest of your life!
I know – I’ve been doing it for two years now!
Yes, this middle-aged man, past my 40’s when I started my challenge, a husband, working full time, running a home business at night, and spending time with six amazing kids took the exact steps in this challenge and lost the weight.
And we’re sharing this challenge with you – it’s FREE for you to join and participate in!
You’re going to find this post a little off of our normal beaten path. You might even wonder how this has anything to do with frugal living. We have two easy answers for that.
- One of our goals on our site is to help you get your finances under control and encourage whole-life change while doing it. In other words, if you take any of our challenges – especially our 52-week Take Back Your Finances challenge – our hope is that you will walk away and see real change in your family. Our hope is that your lifestyle will have changed for the better, see that you are meeting your financial goals and giving you the freedom for whole-life change. In other words, we really believe that becoming healthier in every area of life will help every area of life – including your finances.
- This challenge could ultimately save you a ton of money over your lifetime. Say we’re stretching this a bit – that’s fine. But at the end of the day, we know that healthy living can (we know the healthiest athletes can still be vulnerable to serious, chronic disease) promote a lifetime of saved money. Less money spent on prescriptions, doctor appointments, short and long term care all mean more money in your pocket, more money for your family and maybe even a little bit more time with your family. In fact, a recent health survey I just took (today in fact) listed finances as one of the reasons why someone would want to focus on fitness. It just makes sense.
At the end of the day – for myself – this is about healthy living, being tired of being tired, with more energy for my wife and kids now and hopefully in the days, months, and years to come.
So what is it we’re doing?
When I did this the first time, Cassie was expecting our now 2-yr old and wasn’t quite able to participate. She later joined and was able to lose 30 lb! But now, she’s going to jump in with all of you and start her journey – especially after the holidays – again to really make the most of this challenge and the most of this year. Do you want to join her?
She’s going to be following along just like all of you are and will be sharing her progress on our private Facebook Group, Weight and Health Challenge with The Thrifty Couple – it’s private so you can share your progress and encourage each other the whole time!
Don’t you worry. You can start this today, next month or even next year as when you subscribe to the challenge, it will start you off with the first email and you’ll receive all the others along your journey. You won’t miss out and can take it on your own time.
So enough about me. I wrote the following two years ago. And I think it’s a great way to begin. I KNOW you can do this! Read on!
Joining this challenge isn’t about following my plan nor encouraging you to use my tools to do so (although I will share both just so you know what/how I’m doing). This is about encouraging you to Be Intentional (you’ve heard of our 30-Day Be Intentional challenge before – we love intentional living) so you can make real, whole-life change now that can be continued the rest of your life.
I’ve listed my goals so you can get a taste of what to expect:
- Lose ~25 pounds over the 90 days – This is just my goal – using My Fitness Pal (see next tip) is encouraging me to lose 2 lb per week max. So by combining both diet and exercise I hope to do just that!
- My diet changes will be tracked using My Fitness Pal (an amazing tool) – I use this to track my calories, fat, carbohydrates, and sugar grams. To me, the whole point is to understand that when I eat one item it means I need to make sacrifice elsewhere. (Secret: This has been an amazing eye opener over the last 30-days)
- I will slowly start running again – starting with walking and then running – I’m using a heart-monitor to track my running (and staying within 65-75% of my max heart rate), but another great tool is Couch to 5K (links to both Apple and Android options). I’m trying to take it a bit slower to reduce my risk of injury.
- Drink 7+ cups of water per day – Every time I’ve been a bit more – shall we say healthier – I’ve included a significant amount of water intake.
- Take vitamins and supplements to help round out my health – This will include general supplements like multi-vitamin, vitamin D, vitamin B, etc.
Many of the changes I’m trying to implement are whole-life changes as well; learning how to become active (in a way I can maintain the rest of my life) and learn tricks for my diet (if I splurge one meal learning to cut down later) that can all be maintained for the rest of my life.
Now again – all these things are what I’m doing – whatever you might do could be totally different. The point to this challenge is to be intentional, do something, and make sure you keep it up and not give up – no matter what the scale says tomorrow or the day after that.
Finally, I am also using goal charts and trackers to keep me in order, remind me of my goals, help me to plan (the old adage – failing to plan means planning to fail). When it comes to planning out the foods I eat, I have found that really the only success has been to have my whole day’s foods planned out the at least one day before. I also like to see the visuals of what I have eaten, what I have accomplished and even water in-take goals as I know that all of these steps in planning and tracking really do and have kept me on track. I am able to use printable planners to help guide me through this process, meal planning and more. Be watching for how you can get your copy of these printables too.
How can YOU participate?
Sign up for our challenge – over the next week you should receive a few emails to help you prepare for the challenge and then normally receive a couple of emails per week to provide encouragement, give you updates about myself (with hope to hear how YOU are doing) and even more resources to use!
>>>>>> Sign up for our Challenge <<<<<<
Join our new Facebook group – Fitness and Health Challenge with The Thrifty Couple – this way you’ll be sure to not miss tips as we get ready for the challenge and can start encouraging others as we all do this together!
>>>>>> Come and Join our Private Facebook Group <<<<<<
Finally follow us on Instagram! We have found that its so much fun to share our daily updates and fun things that come along our way on Instagram. If you’re already following others – and even posting yourself – then its a great way to join in the fun and even add your own statuses using #90dayhealthttc.
>>>>>> Come and Join Us on Instagram <<<<<<
We’re not sure if you are like us, but its so much easier to set goals and work together with a group of people. We hope that you will plan to join us so we can encourage on another on to our goal! Expect to see real change that will impact your body, your family and your whole life!
Get ready, get set and GO! No fire jumping required. But, if you really want to, maybe I’ll see you out there when you do. 🙂
Are you excited? We are!! Let’s do this!
Can you pls send me your username’s for MFP so I can follow you ? Thanks so much for all your hard work putting this challenge together…It’s a wonderful opportunity to reach my goals for 2017 …!!!
Hi Rhona, My profile is: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/cassie_after_baby6
I’d love to follow you too, so I will watch for you!
Looking forward to losing weight and feeling great! Thanks for this challenge! I am excited to get started!
I am day #2 in. I am excited too!
It is very important to arrange such a challenge for a long time, because only then you can see a good result that will stay with you for a long time. The key to improving your health will always be nutrition, do not forget about it. Here https://therastore.co.nz/health-category/musculoskeletal-health/muscle-support/ I found valuable tools to feel stronger.
Generally, this issue plays an essential role in our society, so I know what you mean. Actually, I can’t concentrate well either. It was a real problem for me. Therefore, in this case I would like to mention the fact that one day I started using a healthy product that helped me feel better. You can check it from this source https://www.westcoastsupply.green and then choose the most suitable product with which you can improve your well-being. You can also try it for yourself.
It has always been difficult for me to concentrate. So then I begin to nerve and lose relaxing during weekends. If you know effective product that can fix my problem and allow to relax, advise me it
Unfortunately, I know what it’s like to feel constant tiredness and fatigue. I know what it is and it is necessary to overcome such problems. You know, as soon as I started using CBD in the form of vape juice, I decided to find another kind of resource in this resource https://delta8.mjcbdd.com/products/torch-diamond-thc-o-2g-disposable/ as it helped me get rid of constant fatigue, insomnia and lack of concentration. I sincerely hope that you will also try to use it for yourself.
I’m a workaholic and very purposeful person, but because of this I can’t sleep every well and normally relax. Therefore, could you please tell me about a reliable product that can help me to relax please?
Recently I had a problem: my muscles and body ached after intense training, and the pain did not go away after a while. I didn’t know what to do, so I looked for answers on the Internet. I found a website https://joyorganics.com/collections/creams which sells a new type of CBD-based drug that contains this. I’m glad I found it and was able to cure my muscle aches.
A good challenge to test yourself! Thank you. Recently, I have been reading more and more health articles that I find on the site https://conclud.com/ and this is a great solution to learn something new
Liquid food is the ideal nutritional option during emergency weight loss. If you need to lose weight quickly, switch to smoothies immediately. They will be able to satisfy the body’s need for calories and energy and at the same time accelerate metabolism and fat burning. This tool https://www.thehindu.com/brandhub/alpilean-reviews-legit-alpine-ice-hack-weight-loss-diet-pills-results-shocking-ingredients-canada-za-nz-au-uk/article66386020.ece has also helped me a lot.