There is a super cool and very valuable Ibotta deal happening right now.
We want to share how to get the Back To The Roots Grow Kits that include lavender, tomatoes, mushrooms and more for CHEAP from Walmart right now with the use of the super savings app Ibotta!
First, what is Ibotta?
For starters, it is a discount shopping app. But it’s probably better than you expect in case your heart sank just a bit (from the many attempts at using a cumbersome money-saving app).
This one is super slick.
It’s a rebate app. I know…hang with me.
Easier than expected. Simply select the rebates before you shop at the store you intend to shop at.
Then shop and purchase those products.
When you get home, scan your receipt and then scan the barcodes of the products that qualify and you will receive the rebate value in your Ibotta app wallet. You can cash that out at any time via direct deposit or paypal.
SUPER EASY. I PROMISE!
Ibotta has been around long enough that they get some very valuable rebates. We get food for free all of the time.
But this one I want to highlight is a nice rebate that probably won’t last long. Ibotta’s last until the claimed number is completed. It is generally a generous amount of time. But I can’t guarantee it.
Ibotta is so amazing for our family that it fits into my “ways I make thousands of dollars of extra income as a stay at home mom” type of amazing.
$7- $10 rebates on the Back To Roots At Home Planters
Right now, if you head to Walmart you can get some super amazing rebates on the following grow kits:
- Succulent Kit for $9.93 – receive a $7 rebate = $2.93 after app rebate
- Windowsill Tomato Planter for $19.93 – receive a $10 rebate = $9.93 after app rebate
- Organic Mushroom Grow Kit for $19.93 – receive a $10 rebate = $9.93 after app rebate
- Organic Lavender Grow Kit for $19.93 – receive a $10 rebate = $9.93 after app rebate
- Organic Kids Terrarium Grow Kit (microgreens) for $9.93 – receive a $7 rebate = $2.93 after app rebate
Spend $79.65 for all of the kits (and grow some of your own food indoors) and receive $44 in rebates.
This is a GREAT rebate opportunity! It has already become a really fun homeschool activity in our home for our kids as well. We used free printables online to teach the 5 year old about germination, parts of a plant, and growing his own food (the others have done things like this multiple times, but they enjoyed planting again). We also watched time-lapse videos on youtube of seeds germinating and growing! So we had fun with this rebate as an additional educational lesson!
Here’s how it works:
- Download the Ibotta app HERE – use referral code “abqiri” for rebates on the Back to the Roots kits.
- Once downloaded, activate your app and then click on Walmart and search for the “back to roots” products and add all of them to your rebate list. Adding them does not commit you in any way to purchasing them, so I add a lot of rebates for anything I might be interested in!
- You will notice that this rebate is ONLY applicable at Walmart. checking out.
- Once you have checked all of the offers, then hunt for these items around Walmart and add them to your literal cart.
- While at the store, checkout like normal and pay like normal and BE SURE TO GET A PAPER RECEIPT!
Here’s where you get the full, easy rebate!
- When you get home, pull out that receipt. Open your Ibotta app and click on “redeem offers.”
- Then you will select the store (Walmart).
- You will use the camera on your phone to scan the barcode on the bottom of your receipt.
- Then the eligible products on your receipt will pop up to show available for redeeming.
- Then you just hit the “collect” button and you are DONE!
I also did a bunch of other rebates so I had over $58 in rebates.
How do I get paid from Ibotta?
Ok, so you went through the steps above, but as you will notice, your money hangs out in the Ibotta app until you “cash out.” You can connect your bank account for direct deposit, or you can do what we do, which is connect your PayPal account. Once you do that, you can cash out at any time.
Why are they giving a huge rebate on this grow kits?
Well, Ibotta is a marketing platform for brands.
Instead of investing in commercials and print ads, these brands find that connecting with customers directly by spending their marketing dollars on giving you a rebate for trying their foods produces much greater marketing benefits and better use of their marketing budgets.
Most of the rebates on there, you just simply click to redeem, but some, you may have to watch a 10-15 second ad, or even view a picture ad. It’s becoming the most popular way for healthier brands, or new lines of food under well-known brands to get the word out about their new product/line.
Here’s what happens when I use Ibotta normally!
I have used Ibotta for about 7 years. I LOVE it! Over 7 years, I have made thousands. This is around $80-100 per month.
As an example, in this one shopping trip, I got a $58 rebate ($44 for the back to the roots, but the rest was other groceries)
I primarily get hooked on the new, organic and health foods because at this time of our life being debt-free for a good decade, we DO spend more on groceries than we did when we started paying off our debts. Ibotta has a ton of high value of like $2-$5 each product.
As an interesting side note – our grocery budget when it was the two of us with 2 toddlers 14 years ago when I was an extreme couponer was $35 per week.
In 2020, our grocery budget with 3 teens and 3 kids, attempting to eat healthier, organic products is was $200 per week. In January 2021, we now have 4 teens and 2 younger boys growing fast and I am trying to eat Keto and so we increased our budget to $250. Ibotta allows us to keep it this low for a family of 8 of trying to eat organic, natural and whole food as much as possible. I LOVE IT. But they have foods of ALL kinds. I just love it takes the sting out of the more expensive foods overall.
We primarily by our meat and produce through co-ops like the FoodandMeatCoop.com. The rest of the foods come from the grocery or health food store.
Anyway, using Ibotta is a blessing on the non-produce and meat purchases (again, those are made through our local co-op). So besides the amazing rebates mentioned here, you really should use it regularly at your favorite grocery stores!