Are you concerned about your kids not being fully prepared for this upcoming school year?
Are you concerned that they slid back a little in their educational journey during the summer months?
Are you concerned that your child may be struggling in certain educational areas and you want to help them work through this weakness before school starts to help them succeed?
Well, I had a couple of readers talking about how to resolve the summer slide, educational gaps and how to cater to learning weaknesses before school start. Since the subject has been brought up, I want to share an idea for you for the next month for your kids to end summer with a surplus of fun, while learning, while being prepped for school – whether to prepare your child for his/her first school year or to fill in the gaps, or to compensate for the summer slide. Basically, to solve all of those issues, but in a fun, painless way for you, your child and your budget.
Getting your child prepared for another year (or first year) of school this last month of summer does not have to put a damper on summer fun, but instead, enhance the freedom and fun that summer brings.
A few months ago, we shared about one of the monthly services that we are willing to pay for. You know that we are particular about the services that we are willing to spend a monthly fee on.
One of the areas that we are willing to spend a monthly fee on is for education.
One of our favorite educational sites is ABCmouse.
Why ABCmouse when there are other “FREE” sites out there?
Yes, and we do use those on occasion as more of an educational game time. But we prefer to use ABCmouse for a handful of reasons.
We shared the reasons in detail in our previous post, but I will quickly list them here:
- Comprehensive Curriculum – the #1 reason we like this educational website. This makes ABCmouse the #1 learning website and app on the market – free or paid.
- No ads, pop-ups or links – an important factor when you have littles on the internet.
- Free play – in addition to the step-by-step walk-through curriculum, they have a section that is ad-free play time for fun, like the free sites, but without the ads.
- Fun while learning – my boys (who currently use it) don’t even realize they are being walked through a preschool and 1st grade curriculum.
- Assessments and progress reports – I should actually make this #2, but I love this aspect because not only are they receiving a full education to help fill in gaps, prepare for school, and be ahead of their class and ready to rock their next grade level, you as the parent can get clear and concise reports on their strengths, weaknesses and progress. This is critical aspect when you are wanting to ensure your child is learning all that they need to in order to build and educational foundation. From these assessments, you can have them work on their weaknesses within the ABCmouse program, or use even other external resources after knowing exactly where they are without a painful test.
- I can have up to 3 kids per one paid account – we currently have two kids on it, but I don’t have to pay the monthly fee per kid. It’s basically one per family as it covers pre-k to 2nd grade and up to three kids can use one paid account.
- ABCmouse actually produces visible results for our kids – We used this program a few years ago with our now 8-year old daughter. She loved it and learned so much that propelled her into being able to begin reading quickly, as well as have stellar reading skills (including reading complicated text like the Bible and scientific articles and books). She also gained many other valuable skills quite easily that has allowed for ease in learning later. She is in third grade now, and doing well, because of a good foundation. We didn’t just use ABCmouse, but ABCmouse was a great addition that was more than worth investing $8 a month into.
- The apps are included in your small monthly fee – Not only do you get the full website learning program for up to three kids, you get access to all of the apps that ABCmouse makes, which is a handful of them and a nice bonus. The apps are super easy for learning on the go or for little hands. The apps are available in both Android and iPhone.
Now that I have reviewed our favorite reasons for using ABCmouse and why the small monthly fee is worth it to us and why we are using it again with our other kids, I want to give you an idea that actually won’t cost you anything for the next 30-days as you prepare for going back to school, but making it fun!
ABCmouse is free for the first 30-days. You can do the 30-day trial and prep your kids for school and they can have the foundation and ability to prevent the summer slide and have that foundation laid for a great year of school.
Get your FREE 30-days HERE
You don’t have to continue with the program and pay nothing to prep them for this upcoming school year. It’s a painless way for both the kids and the budget to get ready for school.
You can also continue to use the program after the 30-days, but do it for less than the $8 a month! In fact, you can get the two months for $5 deal – which makes it only $2.50 per month – so for three months, you will pay $5 when you combine the two deals!
Get 2 months for $5 HERE
Since ABCmouse provides a complete and comprehensive program, spend the next 30-days with the free trial and help your child get on track for school before school starts, fill in the education gaps, resolve the summer slide, and have a successful school year!
Have you tried ABCmouse?
What are your thoughts on it?
What other ways are you preparing your kids for school on a budget?
We also made a video sharing our thoughts and walking you through the website and apps to show you how to use it and what is on it. Check it out on YouTube HERE.
During the quarantine, training is particularly affected, classes are canceled, or at best they are conducted online. The Internet gives us great opportunities, there are really many useful applications for children that can improve their knowledge. To improve typing skills, we used these keyboard games. This is a great way to influence your child’s development in a playful way
Changing schools is always stressful for a child. After all, you have to change not only the premises, but also lose friends, part with teachers and build relationships in a new place. It’s the same with preparation. I think. the main thing is to choose the right school, such as https://www.bischool.com/ for example, I am sure that my children want to go to this school and will definitely receive a quality education.
Lynne G. Waters
Thank you for this useful resource, it really is so much more convenient to discover new knowledge in yourself. Often children at school are not able to get the proper individualized approach within the school curriculum, so their progress does not increase. So I found a resource edusson.com with free sample essays that help students learn a lot more information while saving time that they can spend on hobbies or free time. The current educational system needs to change because it no longer works and needs to change its structure. I hope that this method of learning will be useful for students and that they will be able to learn more information in this way.