Are you wanting to find ways to cut your grocery budget and/or eat better? Well, I want to share how to get the best quality meats for the lowest prices.
There is a brand new meat company on the scene that is seriously shaking up the way people get to buy meats. I am so excited!
I am excited for several reasons:
- I want to feed my family quality, healthy meats, but it’s so hard to justify the expense or find room in the budget without sacrificing other important things in life.
- I like to buy super fresh, never frozen as it has the best taste and quality – it’s often frozen on the way to the store and the store defrosts it before I freeze it again. It can often be a couple of weeks old.
- I want to buy from a company that supports humane and ethical farming practices – no factory farming.
- I want to buy American raised meats that are not imported – a surprising amount of meat we consume in America comes from other countries.
- We were faithful customers of Zaycon Fresh before their tragic closing. This service was a life saver to our budgets. I have looked at alternatives and there has been nothing else that comes close! I am either paying extremely high prices (think Butcher Box at $12- $15 a lb and similar companies) or have to sacrifice quality. So I have been back at the grocery store buying my meats. And this option has led me to either spend nearly twice as much for a good quality or I can spend the same amount I spent at Zaycon but get low quality.
However, my problems have ALL been solved and not only are the problems solved, but the solution is even better than ever!
That solution is a new company called The Savory Butcher.
In order to understand and appreciate what The Savory Butcher has to offer, you have to “rethink” the way you buy meats. A shift in your mindset can make all of the difference as to whether or not you will get an amazing deal on your meats! It’s that simple!
What is The Savory Butcher?
The Savory Butcher is a direct from farm to you concept. It skips the middle man of the grocery store, the warehouse stores and goes directly to you to bring the highest quality meats available at your grocery stores, but for about half the cost.
It’s half the cost because they combine a few savings factors:
- Cutting out the middle man’s expenses (e.g. the grocery and warehouse stores)
- Using the power of group buying to drive the prices lower
- Buying cases of meat in bulk to drive the prices even lower
One of the most amazing parts of all of this is that The Savory Butcher provides the best quality chicken, ground beef and thick cut bacon direct from farm to you on a regular basis. They will also offer organic, 100% grass fed and uncured bacon at different times, also reducing the cost of these significantly over the grocery and warehouse stores.
How The Savory Butcher Model of Buying Meat Works
Reserving your cases of meats opens up about a week before the truck comes to your area. When ordering is open for your area for the next delivery, a customer goes to their website and orders the meats they want when the truck comes to their area next.
The meat is purchased by the case, which is one of the factors that makes it so much cheaper. For example, the highest quality natural, already trimmed (unlike Zaycon), boneless, skinless chicken breast comes in a 40 lb. case. The natural 80/20 and 93/7 ground beef comes in 40 lb. cases, and the premium thick cut bacon (the BEST on the planet) comes in a 30 lb. box. They all come fresh. Some think that this is too much meat to deal with at one time, but I find it to be a great way.
Because of this, I can repackage the meats in just the perfect portions for our family! It also means that I don’t have to buy meats everytime I shop, I only have to deal with it once every couple of months! In addition, I love having all of that meat at once because I cook half of it for “emergency meals” for the freezer and freeze the other half raw for the days I’m actually planned out. Plus, I have also taken this amount of meat and made 24+ freezer meals, which lasts us several months! By buying my meats this way, I save money, time and make can take an afternoon a few times a year and have prepared meats and meals to keep us from eating out.
After you reserve your case starting 1-week before the delivery up to the day of delivery (if not sold out), you will plan to meet the meat truck in your area at the time specified to grab your farm fresh meats.
The meats comes directly to you from the farms on refrigerated trailers. The meat is picked up and loaded onto these trailers and taken to the pickup locations overnight. This truck trailer will then arrive in a metro area and make about 3-12 stops (depending on the size of the metro) on a certain day/time with your order and you can pick up your order in your local area.
It’s like the ice cream truck when you were a kid, but it’s the meat truck instead.
And instead of chasing the ice cream truck down hoping for a sweet treat, you will actually reserve your case of meat online and meet the truck in your area at the specified day/time.
How The Savory Butcher Model Saves You BIG Money
Here’s where the real treasured information comes in for families – the significant savings you can reap! If you can drop the meat expenses in your food budget by half, how would that change your finances?
For many, it can be quite a significant savings!
Here are some examples of the prices of the meats compared to grocery and warehouse stores: Please note, this is NOT the lower quality, cheap meats. These are the HIGH quality meats you would find in the grocery store!
- Trimmed natural, antibiotic-free, no added hormones boneless skinless jumbo chicken breast for only $1.99 per lb. – 40 lb. case
- Natural, no antibiotics, high quality, no additives, ground beef 80/20 for $2.99 per lb. and lean 93/7 $3.99 per lb. – 40 lb. cases
- Premium Thick Cut Bacon for $3.49 per lb. 30 lb. case
How The Savory Butcher Compares
The best options I have found are the quality meats in the grocery store or in a store like Costco. But even then, they are still pricier.
Here’s an example of the chicken compared to the grocery and warehouse stores:
I have looked into companies like Butcher Box, Strauss Direct, and other home delivery meat options but the prices are like $10, $12, even $15 per lb of mixed meats, so that means from ground, chicken breast, pork to the expensive stuff.
If you head to Costco or Sam’s Club, you might find similar prices, but what you need to compare to is the higher quality. There are different levels of quality and I have noticed that the big box stores don’t always carry the highest quality of non-organic all of the time. Therefore, there sometimes isn’t a product to compare it to. But at the grocery store, you can find a few different levels or grades of meat quality. You can find comparisons to the higher quality options available.
In addition, The Savory Butcher doesn’t require membership fees, monthly subscriptions or delivery fees – therefore, it really is the best!
How To Get Your Meats for the Best Price
– Head to The Savory Butcher Website here
– Click on the product(s) you are interested in
– Add them to your cart
– Note the closest pickup day and location
– Meet up with the truck at your closest local pickup spot and grab your cases of meat!
– Share your experience using hashtag #ShowMeTheMeats