I cannot wait to share this secret source for bulk chicken for cheap. In fact, it’s even better because you can buy chicken in bulk online, saving you time and money! Get it for only $0.99 per lb. through January 26nd, or until the current supply runs out! And it will likely sell out before the 26th!
You know how much I love a good deal on a better protein option for my family. And you know that when I find something I am fond of I will tell you about it. That’s why I get to share this again with you.
UPDATE: First time customers, use coupon code: WELCOME99 to get the chicken for $0.99 per lb. or only $39.60 for a whole case through January 26th or until they sell out through this link HERE. THIS IS an INCREDIBLE price for first time customers to try this deal.
Since the national average for this quality and cut of chicken is $3.98 per lb based on Urner Barry Comtell research. So at $1.89, Zaycon’s regular price, you are saving 52% over the national average, and even more with the coupon code. Don’t forget this is based on this specific quality of chicken, as not all chicken is created…or rather…raised and sold equally. So yes, there will be cheaper versions, but you get what you pay for.
This Nationwide Farm Fresh Chicken Breast Deal is available again to be able to get chicken in bulk for an amazing price. We get to tell you about this a few of times per year because this chicken is ordered online through farm fresh from a local farm and delivered to your area fresh (never frozen). It is a meat co-op that cuts out the middle-man and brings the meat from farm to you. Because it is done this way, it is only available a few times per year. June is the next available opportunity to pick-up the fresh chicken, so you need to order soon to cash in on this meat co-op offering for your area.
You will place your order now and your order will be ready in a few weeks! We LOVE this option for many reasons:
- The prices are generally 30-50% lower than the grocery store. It is only $1.89 per lb. for 100% natural, no added hormone chicken breast. The farms are hand picked and continuously scrutinized for the highest quality.
- This bulk chicken is fresh, never frozen
- This bulk chicken is convenient
- This bulk chicken is economical
- This bulk chicken simplifies grocery shopping, menu planning, and prep (I cook half of it and shred it and freeze the other half raw so I have quick meal options)
- Buy chicken in bulk online. In fact, it is purchased by the 40lb case, which means you only need to order a couple of times a year and you are set!
This is the main way that we have bought chicken for 7+-years now. It saves loads of money and is a bit better option than just any ol’ chicken from the grocery store.
So let us tell you about what we do for bulk chicken supply a couple of times per year. This is a smart frugal option vs. buying chicken in the grocery store.
A popular company called Zaycon Foods offers different meat offerings a couple of times a year. Once they sell out, it is gone until the next sale in about 4 or so months. They have a different offerings all of the time, but we have only purchased chicken, salmon and ground beef.
The price for boneless, skinless chicken breast is $1.89 a lb., which is really, really good price compared to the grocery store. (NOTE: brand new customers can get it for $0.99 per lb. to try this option out. Right now through 1/26/2018 for a new customer promotion! Just enter coupon code WELCOME99 to get the chicken for only $0.99 per lb. – that is only $39.60 a case!!)
But EVEN BETTER is the quality of the chicken compared to many grocery store options. This chicken tastes amazing (we should know because we’ve had it for 7-years and know when it is not this chicken).
What is Zaycon Foods?
This chicken is sold via Zaycon Foods which is a nationwide company that provides fresh chicken, beef, pork and seafood to families at an affordable price. Zaycon cuts out the middle-man of the grocery store, which means a 30-50% savings on all the different selections of meat they have. It is basically a meat co-op and they can get these amazing prices because you are ordering in advance and the bulk orders drive the prices of the meat down! Their meat is higher quality and in some cases a natural option. They only have meat offerings at certain times of the year and for a certain type of meat. The last natural chicken breast sale was last fall. You do not know how often or when they will have these sales.
If it’s not sold in the grocery stores, how do I get it?
The way that this works is that you place your order for bulk chicken online several weeks in advance. Then you will pick up your order from a local pick-up site as they are delivered to the area fresh in a cold truck. The chicken comes right from the processor and is not frozen beforehand, so it is super fresh. The pick-up spot is usually within a few minute drive of your home and they are in a parking lot of a private business/organization (like a church parking lot) and the pick-up time for your area will be on a certain date and a small window of time (usually 30 minutes) on that day.
To get this chicken for the price of $1.89 per lb. (new customers can get it for $0.99 per lb. for trying this bulk chicken option – details below), you do need to order in bulk. The bulk boxes come in 40lb. cases and you can get multiple cases or split a case with several people. Whatever your needs are! Currently, you order today through the next few weeks (or until they sell out, which they do!) and then pickup is at the end of June. For the specific date/location/time, you will need to check your area on the website.
This comes out to be $75.60 each 40lb. box. (or less for new customers- details below) This is an AMAZING price per lb. for this quality of chicken breasts.
We often get two 40-lb. case boxes as this is pretty much the only chicken we have. We also have a growing family and our little kids are getting bigger, so we are starting to need to make more per meal. One 40 lb. box will last our family for about 3 months.
When do I get the bulk chicken order?
When you buy bulk chicken online, you will want to pay attention to your pickup up date and time. You will drive to your pickup location and pickup your order.
A refrigerated semi-truck will be delivering the chicken to your area at this day/time/location.
You just simply drive up and tell them your name. You don’t even have to get out of your car!
We did a video showing one of our pickups so you can get an idea of how this works:
What do we do with the bulk chicken?
We have done a handful of things. Here are three ideas that have worked well for us!
- Cook, portion out and freeze the bulk chicken. We freeze half of the chicken raw in Ziplocs and the other box we cook it all up and chop it up and have cooked cubed or shredded chicken which makes dinner so much easier as this is always the hardest part for me (defrosting and cooking the meat). So the days I have very little time, the cooked chicken is the answer.
2. We make bulk homemade marinades and freeze the bulk chicken in the marinade.
I have made 5 different homemade marinades: Asian, Mexican, Italian, Ranch, Hawaiian. These are my own recipes and I make enough of each to have 4 of each flavor/type for a total of 20 meals with marinades. These are super simple as I just have to get the ziploc bag out the day before and pop it in a crock pot. I serve with rice, potatoes or pasta plus steamed veggies and a bread or fruit and we have a complete meal in no time. I haven’t shared these marinade recipes yet, so if you would like me to, give a shout out!
3. We make freezer meals, about 24 at a time! The last time, I gave freezer cooking a try and spent two-hours preparing 24 meals from 12 recipes with the Zaycon Fresh freezer cooking meal plan! My 6 kids helped me and it was a fun day in the kitchen. We actually made the 24 meals live on Facebook.
Hopefully this gives you some ideas to get the ball rolling!
Now what should I do?
We highly encourage you to look into this and to place your orders soon as they sell out of this product. One time, I waited too long and the locations that were 3, 15, 25 minutes away were sold out and I had to go with the fourth option that was 45 minutes away when I literally had an option up the road. It was still worth the 45-minute drive, however, I don’t wait any longer because I want to pick-up close to home and order before they sell out.
Here are details about the chicken that they offer (this information is from their site):
Our Trademark Event
• 100 % natural chicken with no added hormones, additives or artificial ingredients
• Comes directly from the processor and has never been frozen
• Sold by the case — 40 lbs in each case
• Case dimensions—18 in wide x 12 in deep x 7 in tall
[NOTE: Our chicken is delivered in its original wholesale packaging, a water resistant cardboard case containing three or four plastic bags of fresh chicken breasts. The smaller bags are typically sealed in a larger plastic bag. The smaller bags are not uniform in weight. There will be small amounts of naturally occurring liquids (i.e.,”chicken juice”) in each bag and case. Chicken breasts typically come in double-lobed pairs (“butterfly”) and will have small attached amounts of fat.]
Just as we have mentioned many times in our classes, we rarely buy meat at the store. Between our beef supply from a local farmer or the ground beef from Zaycon, and these opportunities to buy chicken in bulk, we are set for most meals. Most all of our weekly budget goes to the fresh produce and dairy and small portion to the coupon items that we use!
How to get this Farm Fresh Chicken Breast Deal
- Head to the Zaycon Site HERE and register (or log-in if already a member).
- Then click on Shop by Product in the top menu of the website:
- Click on chicken:
- Out of the different chicken options, click on the Chicken Breast Sale:
- You will see the details of the Chicken Breast, but to see prices and if it is available for your area (or sold out for your local area), click on “On Sale” link:
- Select the date and pickup location and add to cart.
- First time customers. Use coupon code: WELCOME99 to make your order only $0.99 per lb., through January 26, at 11:59 pm PST. But the areas will sell out, so don’t wait to order.
You have to be registered to see the prices, pickup and delivery details and dates for your area and additional details. Note that they will sell out of each area. One time, I waited too long to order and my usual 5 minute away pickup became 45 minutes away because the zipcodes closer than 45 minutes all sold out. So don’t wait unless you want to risk a longer drive to pick it up!
Don’t miss this event as it is only open for orders the next few weeks or until they sell out and then it will be gone again for a while!