It’s time to share another cleaning idea and tip! How to clean the dusty fan blades without making a mess.
You know what I am talking about…. the dust that collects and you try to wipe and dust it and the dust lands all over the furniture or beds (in the bedroom). It’s really annoying.
Well, with some simple tools, you can quickly and easy dust your fan and fan blades naturally, effortlessly and cleanly.
Here’s the three tools you need:
- Chenille sock – old chenille socks are perfect for cleaning many things around your home.
- Pillow case – a flannel or cotton based pillow case is best, any will do the trick – it’s just that some materials will be more effective.
- Our DIY natural dusting spray
It’s really easy to make it with things found in your kitchen/home and the recipe for this DIY Dusting Spray is HERE.
It is so very simple and takes a couple of minutes…..
- Just simply spray the fan blades with the DIY dusting spray.
- Then slip the pillowcase over the blade and use your hands to push against the blade from the outside of the pillowcase as you remove the pillowcase from the blade!
- You will probably collect most, if not all, of the dust of the fan blade in this one simple swoop!
- Then I take the chenille sock and spray the dusting spray on the sock and clean the crevices and light fixture that the pillowcase cannot reach and catch remaining dust in the sock!
- Then take your pillow case outside and turn it inside out and shake the dust out.
- Wash your pillowcase like normal, but inside out. I use our homemade laundry detergent and vinegar softener – both do a perfect job in getting the pillowcase all cleaned up!
- That’s it!
Dust stays in the pillowcase and not all over the room!
I use a designated pillowcase and socks for cleaning and this is one trick that has made my life easy! I hate cleaning, just to have more things to clean up.