We shared how to easily make your own butter (including organic butter if you use organic cream) and the joy of having wonderful, leftover fresh buttermilk to use and work with in your cooking and recipes! Not only do we use the buttermilk with our homemade pancake and waffle mix, but we also love to turn this fresh buttermilk into the most amazing Homemade Buttermilk Ranch that is creamy, luscious, fresh and a nice gourmet treat for any dipping or salad purposes! It is our favorite by FAR! We prefer this buttermilk ranch dressing over any other buttermilk ranch dressing that exists 🙂
You’ll be surprised at how easy easy it is to make and a very rewarding treat to enjoy!
Let’s get started on making Homemade Buttermilk Ranch with this simple recipe!
First, here is the ingredient round-up:
- 1 cup of mayo (you can use more mayo if you want a thicker dressing).
- 3/4 cup of buttermilk
- 2 tbsp. of minced fresh finely minced green onion (or chives)
- 1/8 tsp. of celery seed
- 1/2 tsp. of Summer Savory dried herb (we use Spice Islands that you can see here on Amazon, but they can be purchased most anywhere)
- 1/4 garlic salt
- Few dashes of pepper
- Few dashes of paprika
Step #1 – Place all ingredients in a jar:
- Just take the list of above ingredients and place them in a jar in the order listed!
Step #2 – Shake, Rattle and Roll:
- Put the lid on the jar
- Shake the jar until all the ingredients are mixed well!
- Continue shaking until you see uniform mixture.
- Pass the jar to the next kid for more shaking fun!
That’s it – Just pour it into the jar that you want to store in your fridge and you are set to go with the best tasting Homemade Buttermilk Ranch with this super easy recipe!
This is what is looks like in the end!
Here’s how to use it:
- Served on your favorite salad
- As a chip dip
- As a veggie dip
- Or any other use that you would normally use ranch dressing for!
One of the best parts is that not only is this the best tasting buttermilk ranch silkiness in your mouth, but it is natural too as it does not contain any of those preservatives. Please note, you will need to consume this dressing within a few days for this reason too!
See more of our Homemade Products to save even more money for a healthier budget and live healthier lives too!