We wanted to share another holiday recipe with you today. Remember the theme of the last week before Christmas is easy last minute recipes but crowd pleasing! This really isn’t a recipe, but some refreshing and festive drink ideas that you can throw together at the last minute.
So next we will share a couple of really fun drink ideas with you! We saw a recipe in a magazine about 5 years ago for a Sparkling Champagne with Pomegranate – we wanted to share the original recipe and then some ideas to make it for a crowd of all ages!
The Original Recipe For a Sparkling Pomegranate Champagne:
- Remove the seeds from the Pomegranate.
- Soak the Pomegranate seeds in brandy overnight in the fridge. You only need enough brandy to cover the seeds.
- Then place a scoop of the soaked Pomegranate seeds in the bottom of the Champagne glass.
- Pour the chilled champagne over the top and serve.
We modified this recipe as we love Pomegranates and loved the idea of serving them in a drink! Our kids love the modified recipe, so it is a great drink for all ages!
- Remove the seeds from the Pomegranate
- Place a scoop of Pomegranate seeds in a wine/champagne shaped glass (the shape of the glass used really makes the drink fun as the Pomegranates will dance around in the glass!)
- Then pour Sparkling Cider, Sparkling Peach, Sparkling berry, etc. juice into the glass
- Then watch the Pomegranate seeds dance and explode in the drink like fireworks! It is so fun and the taste is awesome!
You can also serve a drink similar to this in a punch by making your favorite punch with half of the drink being a soda of some sort (for the bubbles!) like Sprite and then serve in your party glasses. The “firework” effect won’t be exactly the same as in the glasses with Sparkling Juice, but it still tastes great!
One final drink idea that you can make with Pomegranate seeds is to freeze the seeds so they are like “mini ice cubes.” These can be served in water, sparkling juice, punch and more. To do this, remove the seeds from the fruit. Place a layer of wax paper on a baking sheet. Spread your Pomegranate seeds in as thin of a layer as possible. Then freeze the seeds overnight. Then serve with your drinks!
We think that Pomegranate is one of the most fun and festive fruits you can use this time of year to make a fun holiday treat! Get creative and share some ideas on how you use pomegranates!
Thanks to HGTV.com and RubyRedPomegranates.co.uk for the above pictures.