One year ago today, we did our very first post and it was for a FREEBIE for KFC (of their new grilled chicken at the time)! We posted for the rest of October and then made our site public in early November.
It has been such an amazing and wonderful year here at The Thrifty Couple! Here are a few things we wanted to highlight over the last year:
- We started at the busiest time of year – The Holiday Season!
- We were interviewed by the Salt Lake Tribune for our frugal Black Friday shopping ideas that appeared on in the Thanksgiving Day 2009 newspaper (the biggest newspaper day of the year). Talk about exciting for brand new bloggers!
- We did our first diaper deals post in December.
- We had our first giveaway of a $25 Amazon gift card on January 7th.
- We also started our page on Facebook on that day with 2 likers (“fans” back then – the two of us) and now we have over 3,300!
- We were still paying off our final debts when we started and were able to declare We are Debt Free on April 3rd.
- We started Fun Fabulous Friday on the first Friday of April.
- We were selected to attend the prestigious Savvy Blogging Summit in Colorado in July and were finally able to meet fellow bloggers face-to-face for the first time.
- We also started telling our Deep-in-Debt to Debt-Free story the same weekend we went to the Savvy Blogging Summit.
- Since then we have added the following featured regular posts to our site: Daily Dose of Thrifty, Thrifty Kids Thursday and Thrifty Date Deals along with the usual Best Deals on Diapers.
- In late July, we were on the 11Alive Atlanta news regarding how we are frugal and how we used it to get out of debt.
- Just a few weeks ago, with your help, Savings.com declared us to be one of 30 bloggers in the nation to be the most frugal and financially responsible. As such, we are one of 30 Savings.com Deal Pros and will be heading to Chicago in a couple of weeks for the Deal Pro gathering.
- On Saturday, October 23rd – we were the feature story on the front page of the Deseret Morning News in UT about how our whole family and us as a couple achieved debt-freedom after getting ourselves into a ginormous amount of debt. The story was also about how we share our advice to help others do the same!
- AND Finally……… this post will be post number 2,608, which equals an average 7.14 posts a day!
So what does this fun 1st Birthday and year long reminiscing bring??? Well, how about a giveaway to you, all of our awesome readers!
AND THIS GIVEAWAY IS AWESOME!
Two winners will each receive a FREE iPod Shuffle and a $15 iTunes gift card!! And the two winners will be able to pick their color of iPod in Silver, Blue, Pink, Green or Orange!
It is EASY to enter! And to up the ante, you can enter up to 4 times EVERY DAY. This giveaway is going now until Saturday, October 30th at 11:59 p.m. That means that you would have a potential of 20 entries into this giveaway by the time it ends!
Here’s how this giveaway works, there are four (4) possible ways of entering per day!
- Just leave a comment – either what your favorite features/posts are, why you like to come to our site, or any other comment you would like to leave! Be creative as you can leave a comment each of the 5 days and leave a different comment each day.
- Like The Thrifty Couple on Facebook and then leave a comment to tell us you did. If you’re already a Liker then even better! Just leave us a comment and tell us you already are.
- Subscribe to The Thrifty Couple email updates then you will have our deals delivered to your inbox daily so never miss a deal or another giveaway! You must confirm your subscription before commenting (a confirmation email will be sent to you that you will need to click through to confirm that you would like to receive emails from us!)! If you are already a confirmed subscriber, just leave a comment for another entry.
- Also, spread the love by telling your friends about this product and giveaway and then come back here and leave a comment telling us you did.
This giveaway will end on Saturday, October 30th at 11:59 p.m. MDT. Get 1, 2, 3 or 4 entries to increase your chances of winning by following the ways to enter above.
A couple of additional points:
1. Leave a separate comment for each of the above things you do each day, each comment and activity you complete is an entry. The total number of entries you may have at the end of this giveaway is 20.
2. Be sure to leave your comments for entries here on this post to be counted as an entry.