You will be very happy to see this deal again! I am going to show you how to get a Sam’s Club Membership for $5. Every once in awhile, Sam’s Club offers the membership deal to not pass up because it basically is a 1-year membership for $5 after all of the discounts. It has been about twice a year thus far that they have offered this, so don’t miss out on the deal this time.
>>>Get the deal HERE<<<<
(or read on for more details)
As always, when I have posted about this deal in the past, I post it and then it ends. The #1 email I then receive to my inbox are many of you asking for me to let you know about the next Sam’s Club deal. I promise that I will keep posting these when they pop-up, so be sure to lookout for them and don’t miss it this time. 🙂 Last time Sam’s Club offered this was for a couple of weeks in January. Now it is these final couple of weeks of May – this deal is good now through May 30th, 2017.
We did this exact deal a couple of years ago, right before summer BBQ’s, 4th of July and big gathering eats! It was perfect timing. And since the membership is good for a year, we also got to enjoy this membership through the holidays that year.
Our membership expired and so I was able to get this deal again right before summer!
What is this Sam’s Club Membership deal that comes out to be $5?
The price of a Sam’s Club membership for 1-year is $45. For this deal, you will still pay $45, but you will get some nice freebies worth $40, making it a $5 membership!
Spend $45 and here’s what you get:
- One-year Sam’s Club Savings Membership (a $45 value)
- Complimentary membership card for a spouse or other household member
- $20 gift card valid for any in-club, online or fuel purchases
- “Dinner on Us” food ecoupons loaded onto your membership card for $19.94 in free food:
- Rotisserie Chicken ($4.98 value)
- 36-Count Fresh Baked Dinner Rolls ($5.98 value)
- Apple pie (10” – $8.98 value)
Since the membership alone is $45, you will essentially receive $40 in additional freebies, which pays for the membership! This is a great option, but you can only get it for a short time. Please note, your membership is valid for one full year after you activate your membership in-store… But to get the $20 in free food, you do need to activate by June 11.
We took advantage of this deal last time, even though we have a Costco membership because it was a no-brainer kind of deal. Although we shop Costco more regularly, there are still several things at Sam’s Club we like to get the member price on more than Costco… and the biggest factor being that it was a $5 membership so it was totally worth it to have it for the year!
How to get a Sam’s Club membership for $5
This deal has to be done online on the Sam’s Club site to get the freebies. Then you will receive your order confirmation via email and you just need to go into the club to “activate” it for the year.
- Head to the Sam’s Club website HERE
- Click on the “Sign Up” button
- Choose the plan you want and checkout (note you can also get the same deal on the business or Sam’s Club Plus account, but $45 membership will probably cover your needs)
- You will receive your egift card that you can use in the club to pay for $20 of your next purchase
- You will also receive your coupons for your free and discount items to use when you want when you go into the store to activate the membership (they will have an expiration date, so depending on when you join, will determine the date, so I always use mine the next time I am in the club.)
- Note: This is a limited time deal, so don’t miss it!
- This is available for new memberships only, not renewals.
What items are the BEST value at Sam’s Club?
We also wanted to mention the items that we buy regularly at Sam’s Club. Costco is different as we buy a whole lot more than we do at Sam’s Club, but that is a topic for another day.
For example – these items (in our experience) seem to be the cheapest and hard price to beat store:
- Fresh shredded Parmesan (the hard kind) is cheapest there.
- Hormel real bacon bits (these are quite pricey for the non-imitation) in the regular store and we use it in recipes and salads a lot!
- French’s Fried Onions – ’nuff said. 😉
- Healthier Chips and Snacks – I am talking about the sales they will have on the big bags of healthier snack options.
- Salad Kits – I LOVE the family sized salad kits at Sam’s Club that are cheaper than the small ones in the grocery store. I also love the selection, that includes “super foods,” not just base bottom lettuce kits.
- Kerrygold Irish Butter – this is the cheapest at Sam’s Club.
- Frozen foods – There are some frozen bulk foods that can only be found at Sam’s Club that we really like too, including a good way to get organic options. I am primarily talking about the frozen fruits, potatoes and veggies. We are not big frozen food eaters as I can make the foods for less or buy for less with grocery store coupon/sales, but the frozen produce is a nice price.
- Produce (including the new organic selections) – When we do make our quarterly or so run to Sam’s Club – we often find great produce deals and will stock up to eat fresh or freeze for the future. In the past couple of years, they have greatly increased their selection of organic produce! Our favorite produce picks are the organic sweet potatoes, organic apples, organic bananas and then whatever seasonal fruit/veggie deals going on at the time.
- For a large item deal – we have found that Sam’s Club is a great place to get freezers – for your awesome food deals – they seem to have lower and very competitive prices on new freezers
- Televisions – Another large purchase was a new t.v. that was last year’s floor model for over 75% off. They had it marked down by over 70% as it was last year’s model and the floor display and then we talked them down by another $55.
- Photo Prints – When you need some photo prints – Sam’s Club has the lowest price at $0.10 a print. It is also easy to upload them from your computer and pick them up in the store and even cheaper that way!
- Printer Ink and Supplies – They can also have good deals on office type supplies and ink if/when you get in a bind and have not been able to get those items cheap lately and need them now.
- With some exceptions – we will purchase the frozen chicken or fish if/when we run out and there are no immediate sales or we happen to run out (see our explanation on saving on meat).
- Batteries – we go through batteries very quickly with our camera that is always on and we live in an electronic world We cannot stock-up fast enough to keep up with our usage so we get the excess that we need at Sam’s Club as they have the lowest everyday price on their brand (along with Costco).
- Their brand of diapers. If you use name brand, you can get a pretty decent price. You can beat the name brand price with coupons and sales in other stores, but overall for the consistent best deals, diapers are best here.
- Paper goods are a good deal here, especially when combined with the Sam’s Club, in-house coupons.
- Seasonal clothing – I love the clothing selections at Sam’s Club. They are super affordable and good quality! They also have incredible “last season” clothing clearances.
We have great years of extra savings when we do this! I am looking forward to another great summer of parties and eats and the extra savings during the holidays too!