We wanted to share another Thrifty Couple recipe with you! This one is for Creamy Roasted Asparagus from our Menu this week.
Here’s what you will need:
- Olive Oil or Safflower Oil
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 3 lg. Egg Yolks
- 1.5 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Hot Water
- Dash of Tabasco Sauce (dashes = to liking)
- A couple dashes of Dried Parsley Flakes
How To Make:
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Wash, clean and break off the ends of the Asparagus
- Spread the Asparagus on a pan flat
- Sprinkle with oil, salt and pepper
- Roast in the oven for about 25-30 minutes until tender
In the meantime ……. We need the creamy sauce!
- Heat butter in a heavy saucepan until hot and foamy, but not browned.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks with lemon juice, salt, and the dashes of Tabasco Sauce (to your liking, recommended is 2-3 dashes!).
- Gradually beat in butter
- Add the hot water and beat again
- Return mixture to saucepan and beat over very low heat until mixture is slightly thickened
- Place your Roasted Asparagus in your serving dish
- Pour over your hot roasted asparagus
- Sprinkle your dashes of dried Parsley Flakes on top!
- Best when served immediately!
Here is a picture of the finished product! I served it with our Crockpot Chicken! This is a very decadent yummy way to serve and cook up asparagus. We love the creamy and tangy feel and flavor of the sauce! We have found this to compliment chicken or Italian dishes very well! PLUS this dish is really easy to make and doesn’t take that much active time to prepare! Also, when asparagus is in season, this can be a cheap dish too!
ENJOY! FROM OUR THRIFTY KITCHEN TO YOURS!