It is that time again to share a recipe from our Thrifty Kitchen. I will be sharing a recipe for Baked Corn Casserole. This was a recipe that I just made up one day and it is really good (at least in our opinion!). This side dish was on our weekly menu for this week.
As I have mentioned before, I love being creative in the kitchen and creating my own concoctions! Many times, it is a disaster waiting to happen as my family sits at the table in anticipation and hesitation at the same time! But, every once in an experiment, something good comes from it. So we want to share this with you and hope you enjoy it too!
Baked Corn Casserole: This dish goes especially well as a side to a mexican type dinner – or whenever in the mood!
- 2 Cans corn
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- About 3/4 cup finely diced Green Peppers ( I typically use 1/2 of a Green Pepper)
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion or 1/4 cup rehydrated dried onions (for this recipe, I usually rehydrate as I dislike spending that much time to get finely sliced onions!)
- 1 – 1.5 cup French’s Fried Onions
- A few dashes of salt
- A few dashes of pepper
- A few dashes of dried parsley
- Drain the liquid out of the cans of corn and dump into a medium bowl.
- Add the green pepper and mix
- Add the few dashes of salt and pepper to taste and mix
- Add the onion and mix
- Add the sour cream and mix
- Add 3/4 cup of the French’s Dried onions and mix
- Pour into a greased casserole dish
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle remaining French’s dried onions and dried parsley on top and bake for another 5 minutes (or stick it under the broiler for a few minutes to get a crispy top!)