Well, we have an announcement to make – WE ARE EXPECTING OUR NEXT CHILD!! That’s right, baby #5 is on his/her way!!!! We are very excited to expand our family with another child! What a blessing and joy!
We are excited to share this journey with you – our readers! We look forward to walking you through our “Thrifty Adventures” in saving money in every area of life, including that of preparing for baby! We are also so grateful for the ability to cut our budget in every area of life to make this addition financially easier. We are amazed at how we currently spend less as a family of 6 than we did when it was just the 2 of us, just by being smarter shoppers and wiser spenders! It also does not mean that we have had to make a massive sacrifice, we still enjoy the fun and finer things in life. We just are wiser about how we do those things! We look forward to continuing to share these things with you PLUS real life steps in preparing for a big change in life – the addition of a new family member!
Please pray for us as we embark on the journey of adding blessing #5. Especially during this first trimester when the little life is so delicate!
So now for some fun facts about this pregnancy thus far!
When’s the Due Date:
- We went to the midwife yesterday and was able to see the baby! Our midwife does a routine ultrasound at every appointment. It is so cool to see the progress every appointment. Well this first one, we had a budding baby with a strong heartbeat! I am just over six weeks along and it looks like the due date is Sept. 17th! Yay for our first Autumn baby!
What I am craving:
- Blue Cheese dressing
- Mexican Food
- Pizza Sauce
- Cheese Frenchies – anyone ever heard of these? Well I want one soooo bad, but……. I cannot find them anywhere in Utah (anyone here please help!). This is a grilled cheese sandwich, covered in breading or batter and deep fried! Yum and VERY unhealthy (but doesn’t it sound soooo good!). They are best dipped in Thousand Island dressing or in a berry sauce! Anyway, a restaurant in my Idaho home town offers these (so we might be making a 2-hour road trip soon!). I think I might try to make one myself, but it never turns out the same at home!
So I am feeling like I could pretty much live off of the above menu (but probably advised NOT too)!
How am I/we feeling:
- First, we very thankful and grateful that our Lord has blessed with another child! Praying for health and preservation!
- I am actually feeling decent! Each child we have had, I feel less and less nauseated as I think my body must be getting use to this by now! Considering that my first pregnancy – I was so sick that I lost 14 lbs. in the first trimester, having a feeling that there will be 14 lbs. involved again – but in the positive (see the above menu of cravings!). Of course, I am only 6 weeks along, so it may hit me harder soon!
- We are both feeling very, very excited!
What do the kids think?
- Our kids are super excited! Especially our 5 and 6 year old girls! However, they did show some disappointment yesterday when they found out that it wasn’t twins!!! But they are back up to pure and utter excitement! It is so fun to see how they are all planning and talking!
So, here’s our plan as we share this journey with you! We plan to do a post every Wed. until the baby is born regarding the ways that we are preparing for baby! Most of it will be money saving tips and steps to make the ease financially! We want to share these tips with you, whether you are expecting, have a baby or plan to have a baby so that you can take advantage of them too! We also want you to share any tips related to that weeks’ post so that we can all learn and apply more!
So here’s weekly baby preparation tip #1: CELEBRATE! How? With BOGO Dairy Queen Blizzards!!!! We each had our Blizzard last night, my pick was the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Thrifty Al picked Chocolate Truffle (which surprised me as he is a “berry” guy – but hey, pregnancy causes changes in EVERYONE’S diet!). So we want to share our celebration with you – just go HERE and sign up for the Blizzard Fan Club and you will receive an email with a BOGO Blizzard! Also, you will continue to receive BOGO coupons in your email! Enjoy from the Thrifty Couple as you celebrate with us and don’t forget to come back for more tips!