This Chocolate Pinecones recipe is awesome! In fact, what you create will be a showstopper! They look so much like real pinecones – but these are a delicious, rich, edible, chocolatey treat! They please the party table, the party eyes and the party goer’s palate. The guests will not believe that you can eat them at first until they bite down in this tasty crunch turned incredibly gooey goodness turned final salty crunch! It really is a showstopper!
Well, enough about how awesome these are to eat and to be the party centerpiece, it’s time to show this “no bake” instant party treat!
Ingredients for Edible Chocolate Pinecones with Freshly Fallen Snow:
- 3 cups Chocolate Fiber One Cereal (can also use Chex Chocolate Cereal)
- 6 pretzel rods
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar (+ 1⁄4 cup for dusting on top)
1. Mix the peanut butter, Nutella, butter and powdered sugar in a bowl
2. Take a pretzel rod and mold some of the mixture around it, forming a slight cone shape
3. Hold it steady by using the tip of the pretzel as a handle, and start inserting pieces of cereal into the mixture in a
symmetrical pattern around the stick. Add more cereal pieces, staggering them as you move upward until you get
near the top.
4. If the pine cone is getting too tall, cut off the top of the pretzel and add more of the mixture to mold over the top so
none of the broken pretzel is showing.
5. Break apart cereal pieces to create smaller scales near the top.
6. For a “snowy” effect, dust each pine cone with powdered sugar.
Can you believe that this treat is really THAT EASY! They don’t have to be hard to be look and taste amazing!
Another showstopper treat that our 9 and 10 year old daughter enjoy making are the apple rose flowers!
As a busy mom, I give 5 stars to any easy, show-stopping treat. 🙂
See more Recipes in our Recipe Art Gallery
See our Recipe Pinterest Board
Barb @ A Life in Balance
These are amazing! I truly thought they were real!
BRILLIANT! They look so real. I’ll have to try this one. Thanks for sharing.