We wanted to share this quick Thanksgiving recipe tip and idea with you! We loved this idea and are planning to do this this year. We saw this in a recent issue of Woman’s Day magazine.
Basically, you can make a frozen pumpkin pie look delectable and homemade by adding an easy struesel topping on top. You can even add drizzles of caramel sauce. It looks like it is a specialty homemade pie. And since we love struesel toppings, this is a perfect idea for us!
Even better is that you can find Sara Lee Pumpkin Pies (and probably other brands) really cheap right now and with the in-store sales and coupons you might be able to pick one up for $2.00 or less. So not only does this become super easy to gourmet, but very easy on your budget too! SWEET!!
Here’s how to make this easy pie!
Here’s what you will need:
- Frozen Pumpkin Pie
- 1 Stick Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup flour
- Caramel sauce to drizzle on top if you would like!
Here’s how to make:
- Cook pie to cooking directions ending at the lower end of the time (usually a 10 minute span like 60 – 70 minutes, cook for 60 minutes)
- Melt butter in a bowl
- Add the flour and brown sugar to the butter and mix until well blended and crumbly!
- Sprinkle crumb mixture on top until it covers well and nicely!
- Pop in the oven at the same temperature that the pie cooked on for 10-15 minutes or until the topping slightly browned.
- Drizzle on Caramel sauce while warm.
- Then serve. Yummy!
- Everyone will seriously think you made this from scratch!
For another SUPER Easy pie recipe, see our Cherry Crumb Pie recipe!
And to help you grab a frozen pie for cheap: use the following coupons with any in-store sales that you find:
- Sara Lee Frozen Dessert .75/1 11/7 Red Plum Insert
- Sara Lee Frozen Dessert $1.00/1 printable
Thanks to TasteOfHome.com for the picture!