Let’s just say that recently, one thrifty couple has fallen in LOVE with anything salted caramel. Well, that’s a problem because salted caramel anything is not cheap! It’s also not something you can make in a jiffy, but I’ve made a few concoctions.
So, what do you do about those salted caramel cravings….come up with an instant treat that is an instant hit with anyone! Ritz Rolos!
I know, it sounds too simple and easy to be amazing, but trust us, this handles that salted caramel craving and tosses a bit of chocolate in the mix!
It is also a treat/dessert that is affordable and can be made in a few minutes! Let’s stop talking about it as I might not make it through this post without heading to the kitchen for a few minutes first. 🙂
What you need for 8 servings:
- 16 Ritz crackers
- 8 Rolos candy unwrapped
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place an unwrapped Rolo on a ritz cracker on a cookie sheet.
- Then place in the oven for 3-4 minutes, basically until you can see that the Rolos are soft, but not melted down.
- Then place the second cracker on top and “squish” down to make a cracker with chocolate and caramel oozing out!
- Then serve! You can serve warm or they are even great after they have cooled. The benefit of warm is that the chocolate and caramel oozing out and warm tastes so great! But even in the cooled, non-oozing state, they are great!
Then you have your own thrifty and quick salted caramel dessert. The flavors together are so amazing and so yummy…………..!
See more Recipes
See our Recipe Pinterest Board