Asparagus is at the top of our favorite vegetables. Our whole family loves it!
Our favorite way to prepare it is by roasting it in the oven and then serving with Hollandaise Sauce.
It is also super, super simple, but makes for an elegant side dish too!
Roasted Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce
- Olive Oil or Safflower Oil
- Hollandaise sauce (see the recipe for blender/mixer Hollandaise Sauce here)
- Spray a cookie/baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Then rinse and break of chewy ends of asparagus.
- Lay out the asparagus on the cookie sheet side-by-side, trying to get each one touching the pan (this helps it to crisp up).
- Then sprinkle olive oil, salt and pepper over the asparagus.
- Roast in the oven on 400 degrees for about 10-20 minutes. It will be done when the tops starting turning brown and you can crisp it even longer if you like it crunchier (like us!). Also the time varies greatly depending on the thickness of the asparagus. So you basically need to watch it!
- Then serve warm and topped with Hollandaise sauce.
If you want to serve without Hollandaise sauce and want a bit more flavor from just the asparagus, try this instead. These are awesome too!
- Follow the above first two steps.
- Then sprinkle olive oil, salt, pepper, a bit of cayenne, garlic powder/salt, onion powder/salt, turmeric and Italian seasoning over the asparagus.
- Roast in the oven on 400 degrees for about 10-20 minutes (see additional notes above).
- Then serve warm!
See more Recipes
See our Recipe Pinterest Board