Make sure to check our full list of recipes, ideas and tips on how to use Soup-or-Sauce (SOS) Mix!
We have shared the SOS mix recipe, we’ve shared how to then turn this mix into common creamed soups (and still have more to share), but today we thought we would share an easy and very frugal recipe idea.
Note that you can use the SOS mix as a replacement for any creamed soup in any recipe, so the possibilities are endless.
So with that we are sharing Beef and Potato Casserole with SOS Mix. This is a very easy and tasty casserole concotion with simple ingredients that you will most likely have on hand all of the time!
Note: If you desire to print this recipe or are not reading this on our site please click here for a nicely formatted and printable recipe!
|Beef and Potato Casserole Using SOS Mix
- 1 lb. of browned ground beef
- 6-8 cups of shredded potatoes (or one Simply Potatoes) - I make my own fresh using my food processor.
- 1 Cup shredded cheese - any type that sounds good to you or that you have on hand
- ⅓ dry mix of SOS sauce (Recipe at: https://thethriftycouple.com/sos)
- 1¼ Cup of Water
- First, brown the ground beef until througouly cooked.
- Then add the shredded potatoes and cook in the fats of the hamburger and add more oil if needed and brown and cook the shredded potatoes until cooked and soft.
- At the same time of cooking the potatoes and ground beef, mix the ⅓ cup dry SOS mix with the 1¼ cup of water in a saucepan on medium heat and whisk together until the sauce is a uniform consistency (no lumps) and turn to low and cook until the soup gets a little thicker.
- Once the potatoes and ground beef is cooked, pour the cooked SOS mix into the pan and mix it all together.
- Then spread into a greased glass cake pan (9x12).
- Top with the 1-cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake it in the oven at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes until browned on the top.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Recipe Ideas:
Check out https://thethriftycouple.com/sos for more recipe ideas using the SOS mix!
Don’t forget to check out our growing list of ways to use the SOS Mix (and the recipe for the mix itself) for making soups, sauces, casseroles and more!