We are now on day #12 of our Be Intentional Baby Step Challenges! We hope it has been wonderful, productive and life-changing so far.
As a reminder, the 30 Be Intentional challenges this month are designed to get you on the right foot, the right track and give you energy, efficiency and organization which will propel you into a life that is able to develop an overall financially smart, happy and frugal home. We are going to have different themes each month this year (and we have very exciting stuff planned) and this month is your foundation!
We encourage couples and families to do these challenges together so the whole house can function well!
As the 30 steps go along, we will be focusing on 5 areas for the Be Intentional Month:
This next one is the first for category #3 – BUDGET!
We have done some basic things to help get you and your home on track and so now it’s the basics of the budget!
Baby Step #12
Complete the Annual Financial Summary Questionnaire
This is one that we strongly encourage the whole family to do together, but especially husband and wife. This should be a joint effort so that the budget, goals and ideas can be agreed and met upon together. It should take you about 20 minutes to complete the 3-page form and then you will have a summary of what this year may look like! We will have a special place for this document in a later baby step, the first thing to do is complete it and then we will share where to keep it so it’s accessible to remember!
The download itself is pretty self explanatory, so follow the instructions and take this weekend to complete it, but let us explain why this step is important for you and your family:
- A family/couple that plans together sticks to the plan better.
- A family/couple that makes a plan and writes it down usually meet those goals easier.
- When the goals and plan are written down, it gives you and your household motivation to stick to the plan.
- A family/couple that know that plans have more grace and understanding when sacrifices and changes are made to meet those goals.
- Children start to learn the importance of budgeting and financial planning to help them become more responsible in their adult lives.
- Think of your home as a business. Successful businesses have business plans and so why not the same for your home?
- When we plan for our year as a family, we keep this verse in mind: “Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Ps 127:1″ and remind our family that all blessings come from the Lord and we should do our best to be as wise as we can with those blessings and good stewards of the things He has given. We hope that is an encouragement to you as well!
|<== Download your printable Financial Summary Questionnaire|
Will you join us on this challenge? Leave us a comment below whether you have a routine now or you will start one! What will your routine consist of?
One final thing….. we also have a Facebook Group where you can engage in discussions, receive encouragement and talk to others that are participating in the challenges too for more ideas! Head to the Be Intentional with The Thrifty Couple Facebook Page HERE and ask to join us there! You can also invite friends and spouses too!