As a reminder, the 30 Be Intentional baby steps are designed to get you on the right foot, the right track and give you energy, efficiency and organization which will propel you into a life that is able to develop an overall financially smart, happy and frugal home.
So we are on the last category and almost to the last step of these 30 baby steps for whole life change. This next step is for you to keep your frugality or thriftiness going based on the needs in your home. We have shared a few steps to frugality and thriftiness in our past steps, but it’s time for you to decide what you would like as your goals and aspirations for a frugal home!
Baby Step #28
Write Out Your Thrifty Goals
Basically, what are your goals?
- Continue replacing homemade cleaning products at one a week/month?
- Continue replacing store-bought foods with homemade bulk versions of your own at one a week/month?
- Grow your own food?
- Preserve food? (meaning learn how or start canning, dehydrating, deep freeze, etc.)
- Build a food storage?
- Have freezer meals made?
- Repurpose so many number of items you already have for other purposes?
- Save more money at the grocery store?
- Save more money on retail shopping?
- Replace your personal care products with homemade versions
- Etc. just ideas of things that you want to take on and challenge your self to do this year and to try as you attempt to become a little more thrifty than you are today!
Write these goals out and place them in your home binder. Coordinate this with your THRIFTY planner and under the first category (thrifty) add a task each week that will help you become just a bit more thrifty each week.
Then as you approach each goal, do some research on our site and the world wide web to see how this goal can be accomplished and work towards it!
It has taken us years to get to where we are at and we have many more goals in mind that we are working towards for the future to become even savvier with our money and enjoy the frugal life!
One final thing….. we also have a Facebook Group where you can engage in discussions, receive encouragement and talk to others that are participating in the challenges too for more ideas! Head to the Be Intentional with The Thrifty Couple Facebook Page HERE and ask to join us there! You can also invite friends and spouses too!