It is going well thus far, kids want to work faster than the oven can bake! So far we have made 2 things, Chocolate Lava Bombs, and Snowflake Surprise Brownies (our kids named it as it has an added ingredient!).
First, the Chocolate Lava Bombs were very easy – which is very good with kids helping!
- 2 bags of Betty Crocker Double Chocolate Chunk cookie mixes
- powdered sugar
1. Make cookies as directed on the package
2. Make little balls out of the dough
3. Roll the balls in the powdered sugar
4. Place on pan and flatten
5. Bake as directed!
6. Clean off powdered sugar mess all over the kids! Worse than flour – but darn cute!
7. Makes 60 Chocolate Lava Bombs
Second, we made Snowflake Surprise Brownies! We got the main concept from a recipe called German Chocolate Caramel Fudge Cake. We made some modifications as the original recipes uses nuts!
- 1 Betty Crocker German Chocolate Cake Mix
- 60 Kraft Caramels
- 1 can Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 cup Butter, melted
- Chocolate Chips
1. Mix 1/3 cup of evaporated milk, cake mix and melted butter together.
2. Spread 1/2 the cake mix in a 13×9 in. pan and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
3. Melt caramels and 1/2 cup of evaporated milk in a double broiler
4. When the cake comes out hot, sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.
5. I was going to stop there, but my kids said “look mom, we have coconut on the table, let’s sprinkle that on too!” So, that is what we did!
As I was sprinkling, they said, “it looks like a chocolate snowflake – can we call this Snowflake Surprise Brownies?” Thus, the name of our creation!
6. Pour the melted caramel over the top.
7. Let this cool, I stuck mine in the fridge for about 30 minutes. If you try to add the second half of the cake mix on top, it will not spread with hot caramel.
8. After it is cool, our the remaining cake mix on top and spread with a spatuala.
9. Bake for another 18-20 minutes on 350 degrees!
10. Then let cool and your done!
11. You could add frosting on top, I think it is going to be really rich even without it!
We hope to make 4 more things, more to come….. (over the next day or two 😉
Leave a Reply