Many of you may get one or many newspapers for the coupon inserts. One question that has come up time and again is – What can you do with all of that extra newspaper? We wanted to share some ideas on what to do with all that extra paper to save you money!
- Make your own biodegradable garden seedling and plant pots with newspaper. We do this ourselves…check it out HERE on Biodegradable Origami Newspaper Pots for Seedlings and Plants.
- Use newspaper as a weed barrier in your gardens: place several layers down and moisten before your mulch/bark/rock to prevent the weeds from coming through.
- Use it to clean stainless steel as it shines it right up with your cleaner and using the newspapers instead of a rag.
- Ripen under ripe fruit quicker by wrapping individual fruit in newspaper.
- Stuff newspaper into stinky or musty shoes, coolers, suitcases, etc. to absorb the odors.
- Use it for cat or dog potty training or to line litter boxes for easier disposal.
- Clean mirrors and windows by using the newspaper instead of a rag with your cleaner.
- Let your kids use it for cutting practice, crafts, or even to make their own paper.
- Wrap presents with the newspaper (especially the comics!).
- Use it as packing paper, especially if you run an eBay business or other business where shipping is needed to help reduce your costs!
- Take a stack with you on your next camping trip to help light the campfire.
- Use it for a floor covering while doing messy tasks around the home painting, plastering, sanding, etc.
- Use it to keep a bed for worms (night crawlers). Line a box with newspaper, add wet dirt, and fill with worms. Then you can add additional layers of newspaper, wet dirt and worms. This works great whether you use the night crawlers for your own purposes or sell them for cash. Plus, while you are looking to make extra cash, be sure to check out our list of Over 100 Ways to Make Extra Income.
- Finally, store in a bin and then recycle at the local center and get money back.
Can you think of more ideas? Please share in the comments section below