We shared a post a while ago that shares the 16 ways you can earn money through Amazon. These side hustles are perfect whether you have just a few hours a week or more to invest in yourself. Today we give a quick summary of all sixteen and share some examples for each. Please make sure to comment below on which of the following you would love for us to focus on in a future episode!
A lot of times people think that we, as The Thrifty Couple, just have an easy time working side hustles. It’s true we have a lot of experience making money on the side (racking up six figures of income just from the tips we share in this article over our years of side hustlin’) but we also have a lot of friends that don’t work side hustles all the time that have made thousands – and some even seven figures – as they have made these work for them! In sum, yes – everyone can do something (and more). In the words of Nike, “Just Do It!”
- Be a customer service representative – Get your feet wet as this doesn’t require a lot of extra skillset but just a bit of training.
- Sell t-shirt designs with Merch by Amazon – We have a great friend that does this exact thing. You make the design (Amazon gifts you the parameters) and upload it to Amazon. You can also use Fiverr to make designs as well. What’s great is you don’t have to invest thousands into stock, but instead Amazon prints the t-shirt on demand and ships it to the customer, all for a fee.
- Be an Amazon affiliate – If you do have a website or blog, post links to Amazon and if anyone clicks on your link to order that product (or anything else from Amazon within the next 24 hours) you will earn a percentage for that order.
- Become an Amazon influencers – Don’t worry if you don’t have a blog or website. If you’re on social media, you are an influencer. With the trust you have established with your followers, you can post links to products that mean a lot to you and similar to the affiliate program above, you will earn a percentage of that order!
- Sell products on Amazon through the “Fulfilled by Amazon” option – The next two tips (#5 and #6) are the ones that have made a few of our friends the seven-figure earners on Amazon. We will direct you to the information in our article to get all the details.
- Sell Products Directly on Amazon – This is the second tip where our friends have made a lot of money. Again, this is a huge topic.
- Trade-ins with Amazon – Whether you have a lot of items around your house you are looking at getting rid of or if you like to go to your local garage sales, the right products can be traded into Amazon for Amazon credit. And yes, we count that credit as income as we buy so much through Amazon and this cuts down the money we need for those items! Don’t miss the story of Cassie’s dad and what he specifically does in the episode.
- Earning Amazon gift cards – These are not directly with Amazon, but methods to earn Amazon gift cards. We share links to our articles on Swagbucks (we just shared in a post how we paid for Christmas just a couple of years ago with over $1,000 in Amazon gift cards from Swagbucks).
- Have your book published by Amazon – Similar to #2 with the Amazon Merch program, you can upload your digital books to Amazon and when a customer orders the book, they will print the book, bind it, and ship it to the customer for a fee. We did this and in our first three months made $512 after their fees.
- Sell your professional services on Amazon – If you offer professional services like a handyman, willing to clean, or any other type of service repairs, Amazon will allow you to post your offer to their customers. There are no fees other than a revenue share when you complete the job. This is also great as well if you are looking for a professional service as you can see reviews and know whether this is someone you want in your home. Amazon actually lists that as one of their benefits, stating that by offering your services on their site, you are leveraging the trust of Amazon.
- Publish a book through Kindle Publishing – Similar to what we mentioned in #9, you can publish your book to the Kindle store! You simply upload your book and work through the steps to get your book added to their store.
- Do random tasks through Amazon’s Mechanical Turk – Amazon boasts that there are some tasks that a human can do better than a computer. As a worker, you provide these services. Check out the links for Mechanical Turk – this doesn’t seem to be as popular as it once was but is something to still check out.
- Make $18-25 per hour Delivering Through Amazon Flex – As Amazon just keeps being the #1 company in the world and exceeding their record breaking sales each year, they need people to deliver those products. Through Amazon Flex you use your own vehicle to make those deliveries for a nice commission.
- Own Your Own Amazon Delivery Business – This one does require an investment (the only one on the list). But with that $10,000 investment, they will provide the vehicle and everything you need to have your own delivery business. Business owners are paying themselves a $300,000 but this also includes more serious work.
- Selling Your Own Items Through Amazon Handmade – We don’t know a lot about this but link to it. This is much like an Etsy where you can see your own handmade products on Amazon – good for hobbyist or crafter that wants to sell your products for a profit.
- Create Audiobooks on Amazon – Create your own audiobooks and get your books heard! Plus for their authors, they get special links for referrals that sign up for Amazon at an outstanding amount (like $75) that is much higher than you can find elsewhere.
This was a very fast summary for all sixteen, but we encourage you that pretty much everyone should be able to find at least one of these money-saving idea to help them in their own money-making journey.
The 2% Money Saving Tip
We shared this tip a number of years ago in a popular magazine – and the tip is Dinner by 10! We adopted this in our home many years ago and it helped us save so much money. Whether you are someone that stays at home during the day (you have until 10 am that day) or someone that works outside the home (you have until 10 pm the night before), you need to decide and get everything prepared to ensure dinner is on the table and keep you from going out to eat.
We also through in an extra tip, the No Food Waste Menu Planner that we use to creatively use food in our food pantry and refrigerator to ensure we are not throwing out food but instead using it. You really need to check out this planner as we have had tens of thousands that have downloaded and used this throughout our years sharing it!
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
- We encourage you to check out the article that inspired this episode, 16 Ways You Can Earn Money on Amazon
- Don’t miss out our tip we shared on Dinner by 10 – a simple way we save hundreds of dollars each month! And you really don’t want to miss our No Food Waste Menu Planner to help you save even more!
Don’t Miss an Episode:
If you want to make sure that you never miss an episode we encourage you to sign up for our Take Back Your Finances Podcast email. As mentioned above, we will send you the free Spouse Questionnaire sometime during that first week just for signing up. Additionally, we will also send you other resources from the latest podcast episode like checklists or related worksheets. You just might receive resources on some of our favorite money-making or money-savings tool as well!
Play this episode:
Finally, as we continue to share, if we help anyone, then it makes everything we do worth it!
If we and this podcast have been a blessing to you in any way, we would greatly appreciate a favorable review on iTunes. Our goal is to reach more people with this message of hope and your review will help in doing that. Thank you!!
Interested to hear more about #s 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, and 15. Thank you for sharing your knowledge!
Hi Georgia! We would love to dive in deeper into those Amazon Side Hustles! We will add them to the list and dig deeper! Thank you for sharing!
I used to be active on Amazon, but that’s a thing of the past now.
Thank you very much for this article. I guess I should try it again!
I am very satisfied with the 22bet https://22-bet.in/ bookmaker, everything is arranged easily and simply, especially for a beginner like me, I figured it out very quickly, immediately placed a bet and it turned out to win, which I am very happy about. So it’s really possible to win here, that’s for sure. The withdrawal of funds is fast, technical support is working properly. I was completely satisfied with everything. I advise and recommend to everyone!
In fact, there are many ways to make money online. You can always use login royal378 to get more options for yourself. This is an easy way that worked with my friends, they just earned and played every day
For Indians opens after registration and logging in with the received username and password in a separate window with three main sections – deposit, my account, and history of operations. It is recommended to fill in all the fields with personal data in the personal cabinet immediately after registration and to confirm the specified phone number. Also in a private office, there is a history of bets and financial operations, Dafabet odds, and tools for contacting the support service – live chat and the form of appeal to the operator.
Good afternoon, I’m a newbie, but I’ve heard a lot of good things about Parimatch. It has a good selection of games and offers great bonuses for new players. I would recommend it to anyone looking for an online casino with a cool atmosphere, lots of options and a fun design. Especially if you are willing to try new games like crash. This game just can’t be missed by anyone!