We can’t believe it’s been two years since we recorded and released our last episode! They say time flies when you’re having fun, and we’re here to tell you that time really does fly no matter if you’re having fun – or not. We have experienced a lot of highs and lows but wanted to take the time to fill you in on both where we have been in addition to where we are headed with this podcast in upcoming episodes. But as Cassie says this is all part of the journey of becoming financially free and learning lessons along the way.
But we are BACK and are so excited to be in the recording studio again! 🙂
We want to be real and transparent with you so you can both learn from our failures via the school of hard knocks (so you don’t have to) and from our successes to help you along the way!
And in short, what we’ve been doing is side hustling! This is going to be our focus for 2020 (and beyond?!) as we found that in our journey to pay off $100K of consumer debt (Haven’t heard about that?! Go check out our book The 2% Rule to Get Debt Free Fast: An Innovative Method To Pay Your Loans Off For Good) that we were able to increase our income much more than the hoped 2% increase each month.
Don’t miss out as Alex, then Cassie, work through each of their respective (and combined) side hustles we have been focusing on this year. One thing that we love is that through each of these hustles we are providing such a great service to others – all the while we are adding extra money to our income!
Where are we headed in 2020
We discuss at a high level some of the things you can expect from us as we continue to record episodes:
- We plan to discuss side hustles – As mentioned above, with the huge impact that side hustles had on our get out of debt journey and beyond, we want to provide a format to help you in your own side hustlin’ journey, no matter your financial goals.
- We plan to continue to share those money-saving tips – Don’t think we are giving up who we are as The Thrifty Couple. We will still be providing those tips in our 2% Tip of the Week.
- Our episodes will be kept shorter – We know your time is valuable and you don’t want to listen to hours of podcasts to get your information. As such, we are cutting these episodes down to 15-20 minutes to give you information-packed episodes in less time.
- We will have interviews from experts like you – We have a number of interviews lined up so you won’t miss hearing from the experts in their fields of side hustlin’ – and we would love to hear from you if you’re interested in being the next expert on our podcat! We’ll be starting to share those over the next few weeks and get you the info you need to get started and make the same type of hustle work for you.
Our 2% Tip of the Week:
The 2% Tip is where we share an idea to either shrink your budget or increase your income by 2%. Although we couldn’t remember what this tip was called (from a ChaChing to a penny drop – just revealing how long it’s been since we recorded an episode) we still wanted to share this tip with you. This week we work through how to make next Christmas a little less painful financially!
Seriously, we share one of our favorite tips on getting ready for Christmas financially. That tip is to set aside 1% of your income into a high-yield savings account to help prevent you from going into debt (or as much debt as you might have in the past). We recommend checking out one of our favorite high-yield savings accounts. What this does is gives you a buffer from using that money on something else while at the same time earning extra interest! Check in our resources below for links to both the tip and the high-yield savings that we use ourselves.
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
- Alex mentioned he is on Day #1,819 of our 90 Day Weight & Health Challenge. You can sign up and work through the challenge today!
- Check out our book, The 2% Rule to Get Debt Free Fast: An Innovative Method To Pay Your Loans Off For Good. In the book we share how we paid off over $100K in a short time. Plus you’ll see why we are investing in our own businesses and making our side hustles such a priority in our lives.
- We created a 64-page workbook to give you the tools and the resources to help you pay off your debt. You can see the digital version or the printed version.
- As you implement the 2% tip of the week, we encourage you to check out our financial ground rules for Christmas with this tip listed at the forefront. Plus we recently shared an article with everything you might be wondering about high-yield savings accounts.
Don’t Miss an Episode:
If you want to make sure that you never miss an episode we encourage you to sign up for our Take Back Your Finances Podcast email. As mentioned above, we will send you the free Spouse Questionnaire sometime during that first week just for signing up. Additionally, we will also send you other resources from the latest podcast episode like checklists or related worksheets. You just might receive resources on some of our favorite money-making or money-savings tool as well!
Play this episode:
Finally, as we continue to share, if we help anyone, then it makes everything we do worth it!
If we and this podcast have been a blessing to you in any way, we would greatly appreciate a favorable review on iTunes. Our goal is to reach more people with this message of hope and your review will help in doing that. Thank you!!