GIVEAWAY DETAILS (ends Tuesday, November 28, 2017)!!
Enter to win a $50 Amazon gift card. Get up to three entries by following these steps!
- Leave a comment below. That’s it – easy peasy!
- Download the episode and leave a separate comment sharing you did. C’mon…you got this!
- Enter your amazing review on iTunes – oh yeah, leaving a comment here that you did. You know you want to!
That’s it! One person will be drawn on November 29th – just in time for the holidays – wink wink!
What’s this Episode About?
Alex and Cassie – aka The Thrifty Couple – start off their first podcast episode where everything should start: at the beginning. Note though that this is not just a “get out of debt” podcast, but rather will cover all areas of your financial lives, whether getting out of debt, saving for college, investing for retirement and more!
Let’s start at the beginning: What does it mean to Take Back Your Finances?
We start off sharing some of the details of our beginnings as the prior Unthrifty Couple, starting our marriage on a journey towards $108,000 of consumer debt. We share finally what shook us to the core and drove us towards seeking debt freedom.
One idea we want to communicate is that we know the dark side of debt, knowing the struggles of the Payday loan cycle and being weeks, if not days, away from bankruptcy. We didn’t see the light at the end of the tunnel – and didn’t even think we would ever see that light again. But we paid it off – every cent. And yes, we finally saw that light and share with you the exact path we used to find it.
Our goal of sharing this with you is to establish that we have a good understanding of what being that deep in debt can cause in your family, your relationships, and even your own emotions. When readers share their feelings of dread and hopelessness, we understand too well what they are saying. We’ve been there. But we also dug ourselves out and want to share the tips we learned – and used – to pay off our own debt to help provide encouragement along the way!
Some of what you will hear:
- A very creative, yet very unwise, way we found to go on travel. DON’T DO THIS!
- Transparency – we want to relate to you and be honest with you where we’ve been
- Just how intimate of a subject is money?
- How NOT to define a budget
- How does a crash diet relate to a family getting out of debt?
- The shampoo method of paying off your debt – get in, get out, repeat
- What does a gradual and sustainable debt payoff strategy look like?
What does it mean to Take Back Your Finances?
- Review the emotional side of debt
- Discuss when you need to Take Back Your Finances
- Not just getting to a point that everything is just ok, but planning for the future
- It’s a lifelong process consisting of different stages
Our 2% Tip of the Week:
- Start cutting your budget where we not only recommend, but where we started ourselves
- Cut out the head-smack charges
- We share places to look for those charges
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
- Check out our book, The 2% Rule to Get Debt Free Fast: An Innovative Method To Pay Your Loans Off For Good
- We created a 64-page workbook to give you the tools and the resources to help you pay off your debt. You can see the digital version or the printed version.
Play this episode:
Or listen to it right here:
You can download this episode from Podbean or listen to it here as well!
Finally, as we share in this episode,
if we help anyone, then it makes everything we do worth it!
If we and this podcast have been a blessing to you in any way, we would greatly appreciate a favorable review in iTunes or Google Play. Our goal is to reach more people with this message of hope and your review will help in doing that. Thank you!!
Disclaimer: This giveaway will run through Tuesday November 28, 2013 at 11:59 pm MST. The winner will be selected randomly and notified via email. Must be 18+ to enter and reside in the United States.