If you are looking for a fun and rewarding summer reading program this summer for your kids, then check out this list of options below:
- Barnes and Noble Summer Reading: earn a free book between May 20 and September 2 when you read 8 books.
- Chuck E. Cheese – Earn 10 FREE tokens every time your child reads for 2 weeks in a row. Just fill out the form and bring it in to claim your free token. There are also lots of other free rewards charts for more free tokens.
- Half Price Book Feed Your Brain: During the months of June and July, if a child reads or a young child read to for 300 total minutes, they could win a $20 gift certificate.
- H-E-Buddy: H-E-B Grocery Stores will send your kids a package of cool prizes after they read 10 books. You do not need to live near a H-E-B grocery store to take advantage of this. Just fill out the form and mail it in. The package arrives in 3-4 weeks.
- Showcase Theatre Bookworm Wednesdays: Kid earn free admission to a movie just by reading and completing a short book report
- Pottery Barn Kids– Receive a free gift when your child completes their reading challenge of 8 books.
- Scholastic Summer Challenge: Offers a chance for kids to log their reading times into their system to compete for the World Record!
- Sylvan: Sylvan Reading Adventure is ongoing, so it’s not specifically a summer program, but it’s worth mentioning if it will get your kids motivated. Reading Adventure lists books to read, and when kids take short quizzes about the books, they earn points. The points can then be traded for small prizes, like temporary tattoos or eBook downloads.
- TD Bank: Young readers can earn a $10 deposit after they read 10 books.
- Finally, check with your local library for region/area specific programs offered either through the library or local businesses. We have found another 4-6 just in our small local area!
A picture of us reading at home out loud with all 5 kids snuggled around on the couch!
Of course, just sit down and read out loud to your kids! It is so rewarding for both you and them! It is also increasingly important to their development and your relationship with your child!
See more Thrifty Kids ideas!