It’s that time again! That awesome time that comes around every few months to get a rock bottom deal on chicken and beef that is straight from the farm, delivered fresh to you through a nationwide meat co-op Zaycon Fresh Foods. The better news is that this is higher quality chicken with no added hormones or antibiotics and higher quality beef from farms that meet the strict requirements for farming quality and practices that Zaycon has put in place. The BEST news is that it costs far less than the grocery store. Up to 50% cheaper than the grocery store for the same quality meat. And they can do this because they are cutting out the middle-man and getting the meat directly to you from the farm and in bulk.
It is basically a meat co-op and a co-op is how we love to buy both our meats and our produce. It is offered through Zaycon Fresh Foods with pickup locations locally, and all over the country!
This time, when we share it, we also get to share an exclusive coupon savings just for our readers! You can get another $20 off your entire order of $75 or more if you are a new customer to Zaycon.
With this $20 off coupon code that we get to share with you, you can get the following deals:
Here are the details of our favorite product through Zaycon.
We have been customers for over 7 years now and this is how we have purchased most all of our chicken and much of our beef and the only way we have purchased Salmon (they only way we can afford Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon – the good stuff, not farmed).
Well, it’s even better when you can get a stellar deal plus another discount. So that is why we are telling you about this now as the exclusive coupon code we can offer you is for an additional $20 off your order of $75 or more with coupon code: ZAYCON20
How does this nationwide meat co-op work?
Now….let me explain how this works in a few bullet points:
- It’s only available a few times per year – each type of meat is offered about twice a year.
- You order now for a pickup in the future – usually 1-4 months ahead of time. Yes, you will be ordering now for a future pickup.
- It’s only available in bulk – which is great for families with freezer storage OR 2 – 3 families sharing a case that don’t have freezer storage.
So in the end, it’s like a bulk, meat co-op! At least this is how you can think of it!
If it’s not sold in the grocery stores, how do I get it?
The way that this works is that you place your order online and then you will pick up your order from a local pick-up site as they are delivered to the area fresh in a cold truck. For example, the chicken comes right from the farm and is not frozen beforehand, so it is super fresh. The pick-up spot is usually within a few minute drive of your home and they are in a parking lot of a private business/organization (like a church parking lot) and the pick-up time for your area will be on a certain date and a small window of time (usually 30 minutes) on that day.
Here are some example pictures from our last pick-up:
As an example of how their fresh meats come, you can see the picture below of how the chicken breast comes in the 40 lb. boxes:
I am going to be ordering the boneless, skinless chicken breast and 93/7 ground beef this round and I am going with these two options myself for a few reasons:
- This is a perfect order for us as 40 lbs. of chicken and 40 lbs. of beef will easily last us 6 months until the next chicken and ground beef sale.
- I s-t-r-e-t-c-h the meat and can use one chicken breast or 1 lb. of ground beef by combining with rice and beans (with the exception of a few meals here and there calling for whole breasts) for one meal for all of us when combined in soups, casseroles, tacos, burritos, chilis and other chicken/ground beef dishes.
- Although these two selections are not technically certified organic, with the way they are raised with ethical farming practices and the chicken having no added hormones or antibiotics, it’s a great second, but I am not paying the price that is 2-3 times higher.
That means I have my chicken and ground beef covered for the next 6 months at just over $200!! I also order the whole chickens when they are available, which is about once a year.
*If you are a first time customer, remember you get $20 off your first order with coupon code: ZAYCON20
We highly encourage you to look into this and to place your orders soon as they sell out of this product. One time, I waited too long and the locations that were 3, 15, 25 minutes away were sold out and I had to go with the fourth option that was 45 minutes away, when I literally had an option up the road. It was still worth the 45 minute drive, however, I don’t wait any longer because I want to pick-up close to home and order before they sell out.
Head to the Zaycon Site HERE and register (or log-in if a member).
You have to be registered to see the prices, pickup and delivery details and dates for your area and additional details.
Don’t miss this event as it is only open for orders the next few weeks or until they sell out and then it will be gone again for a while!
If you are curious what I do with 40lbs. of chicken and 40 lbs. of ground beef, check out these posts:
By the way: if you are a blogger…you need to READ THIS POST! It is for you. 🙂