What a yummy treat! We want to show you a new recipe that we created – for Semi-Homemade Dutch Apple Cinnamon Rolls. It’s really not much of a recipe as the main ingredient – the cinnamon roll – is the already prepared version, making this a fast a slick recipe.
We rarely have cinnamon rolls, but when we do, we like to make some fun of it and come up with new ways to enjoy them. I love dutch apple pie. So we thought, “let’s try to make a pie-like cinnamon roll for the holidays” and the results were delicious!
And although we gave this a whirl during our holiday season, it’s perfect for any season.
You can also apply this to completely home-made cinnamon rolls. And you can make your homemade cinnamon rolls gluten-free by using the BEST ever gluten-free flour mix. This process will be truly homemade, but not disappointing either!
Well, here’s the recipe for the shortened, kitchen hack recipe for Semi-Homemade Dutch Apple Cinnamon Rolls.
Ingredients needed for Semi-Homemade Dutch Apple Cinnamon Rolls:
- 1 package of Pillsbury Grands Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup (about half of a can) apple pie filling
- 1 TBSP flour
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 4 TBSP butter
- Dash of cinnamon
- Whipped Cream and Caramel for the topping
How to make Semi-Homemade Dutch Apple Cinnamon Rolls:
- Open the cinnamon rolls and place them an inch or so apart on a pie pan.
- Once they are in place, use a spoon to flatten the middle to make a well in the center.
- Add a scoop of apple pie filling to each cinnamon roll.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Blend well.
- Add the butter to the dry mixture and mix again.
- Scoop the dutch filling onto the cinnamon rolls evenly.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once baked, serve warm and add whipped cream and caramel on top!
The video shows you how to do all of this!
This cinnamon roll recipe is rich, tasty, delicious and more like a dessert! But I might just allow it for a Christmas morning treat. 🙂
Sometime, I am also going to try this from scratch, but I wanted to share the easy version for us busy moms! If you try a “from scratch” version, leave a comment and let me know how it turned out!