“Pin” it to Pinterest and don’t lose this information!
If you have been a reader of our’s long, you will know that produce is at the very top of our shopping list every week! In fact, it is sometimes the only thing on our shopping list as we have many of the other foods in our pantry and freezer and love to fill in the food gaps with fresh produce and spend our budget on the fresh, healthy, yumminess!
Some time, you will need to see our thrifty homemaking class called “Building Your Thrifty Home” to see how we operate things each week to have a full, healthy and complete menu in the midst of the homemaking! This is our most popular workshop/class/topic that we speak on!
But anyway, back on track here to talk about produce. We have now made an easy spot for you to locate all of our produce savings tips, preserving tips, recipes, seasonal picks and everything else related to produce on one page. You can always find this page at TheThriftyCouple.com/ProduceSavings. We recommend bookmarking this page, or remember to check it often. It is found under the “In the Kitchen” tab on our home page.
For the life of our site, whenever we have something new to post about produce, it will be located under one of the links on this page. So it will be added to quite often when we write a blog post about it!
This is a new page for your reference so that you don’t have to fish all over our site for anything related to produce! But since we are debuting this new permanent spot for produce savings, we thought we would share the current links in this post for you so that you can see what all the produce buzz is about right now!
General Savings Tips for Produce
- 30 Ways to Save Money on Produce
- Nationwide Produce Co-op: Get a Basket of Fruits and Veggies for $15 – $25 Including Organic
- Best Values for Breakfast In the Grocery and Warehouse Stores Everyday (includes some produce ideas)
- 90 Produce Savings Tips From Our Readers
- Our Shopping Trips Results
- Walmart Now Introduces 100% Back Guarantee on Produce, But We Still Have An Issue They Should Address
- Our Top 5 Tips For Stopping Food Waste with Lots Of Odds and Ends Meal Plans (includes some produce ideas)
Specific Tips Related to Produce
- How To Use All Parts of The Pumpkin: Pumpkin, Stringy Parts, Seeds and Skin
- Easily Grow Your Own Pineapples With Your Leftover Tops Either Indoors or Outdoors
- How to Freeze Pineapple: From Cutting To Bagging
- How to Freeze Onions and Peppers
- How to Blanch and Freeze Broccoli
- How to Blanch and Freeze Spinach
- How To Freeze Grapes, Cranberries and Pomegranate Seeds
- How To Make a Pumpkin Puree
- Be Prepared: How To Have Fresh Produce Quickly, Easily and Cheaply For Emergencies and Use Now
Fruit and Veggie Recipes:
- How To Build Fruit and Veggie Smoothies With What You Have On Hand (and The Trick To Make Them Taste Good Too)
- Veggie and Wheat Smoothie Recipe (All You Taste is the Fruit)
- Watermelon Pico de Gallo Recipe: Easy, Quick, Versatile and Surprisingly Awesome
- Homemade Butternut Squash Pie Recipe: Easy and Delicious
- Building Better Breakfasts for Less (many recipes that use produce)
- Baked Corn Casserole Recipe (The Next Green Bean Casserole) – So Good, So Quick, So Easy
- Sweet N Tangy Peach Chicken Recipe (Inspired by Rachael Ray)
- How To Roast Broccoli (Healthy, Quick and Yummy)
- Its A Guy Stir Fry
- Sweet Red Potato Salad Recipe: Easy and Very Delicious
Best Fruits and Veggies By Month/Season
Enjoy your produce in abundance and for less!