Are you are looking for a nice recipe for a simple, yet luxurious homemade skin moisturizer containing oatmeal for a soothing, skin softening and moisturizing cream? Possibly one that can be used as a a great option for eczema and other skin conditions without paying the hefty price? Then check out our personal homemade recipe for our easy homemade skin moisturizer. We have a son with eczema and the creams you buy can be very pricey! So I combined many of the common components used in many eczema and other skin moisturizer creams to create this soothing skin cream. And at least for our son, it works well for his eczema!
In addition to treating our son’s eczema, this has been an amazing treatment for our dry skin. If we are experiencing some really dry weather causing those dry, cracking hands, we’ll lather this cream on our hands and cover with a pair of socks or gloves to soak it in all night. It works amazingly well in our dry climate!
Here are the ingredients needed:
- 1/4 cup of oatmeal/oats
- 3/4 cup of coconut oil (you can get coconut oil online for 50% off HERE on Amazon and shipped FREE with subscribe and save option)
- Few drops of rosemary oil
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
Now that you have your ingredients together – let’s get started on making a super Easy Homemade Skin Moisturizer!
How to make Easy Homemade Skin Moisturizer:
- You will first need to finely ground the oatmeal to a powder/flour consistency. You can use a blender, food processor or a Magic Bullet type of appliance to finely ground the oats.
- Over low heat, melt the coconut oil until it has a liquid consistency.
- Add a few drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
- Then mix in the oatmeal flour until well blended.
- Mix in the olive oil until well blended.
- Once the ingredients are mixed, pour into a small storage container or glass baby food jars, etc. Let harden for several hours.
After it hardens, simply apply to hands and skin as needed for skin softening, moisturizing, soothing and healing. This stuff also lasts forever!
As you can tell from our picture, the kids like to get the cream from the middle.
It has almost a Carmex lip balm consistency!
See our everyday frugal living section of our site for more tips and recipes and other do it yourself ideas!
Disclaimer: Please note this has not been tested nor advocated by a medical practitioner and is not intended to be medical advice. Yada yada…